Head units with "too many" setup options...

Chad T
10+ year member

Indiana
I've seen ads on Ebay and in the classifieds section of this forum where a seller states that they are selling a certain head unit because it has "too many" features and they want something simpler. I don't really get that as most head units will let you disable features won't they? Seems best to get a head unit with plenty of features and fits in your budget. That way if you want to ignore the extra features, then just leave them off. But if you want to dive in deeper later on, the extra features would be there waiting for you. Discuss.

i dont think its about to many features but some people will settle for a less deck because they arent using it to its potential and would like some cash and a less deck.

My deck has way too many features.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

At least it has voice command.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A Headunits like a women you want one that looks good. sexy, will do anything to accomadate all your needs and of course is faithfull and reliable. Know do you want a HU that will do just a couple of those or all of those. Thank you very much I'm going to have sex.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and not with my HU either.

I am not a believer in "more features MUST mean better." If, for example, it takes all those features to get a deck to sound decent, you have a problem.

I have a bare bones 8250 and love it. If I need more flexibility, I can get an xover/eq, etc, but it sounds great as is.

I am not a believer in "more features MUST mean better." If, for example, it takes all those features to get a deck to sound decent, you have a problem.
I have a bare bones 8250 and love it. If I need more flexibility, I can get an xover/eq, etc, but it sounds great as is.
Ok, but I went from a bare-bones DEH-P4500mp to the DEH-P880PRS, and after owning the 4500 I can say it was the best car audio decision I have ever made. And I don't even use half the options.

Its possible to have way too many options on a deck. I had a pioneer that required adjustments everytime I changed radio stations or cds. Now I just listen to news talk radio and haven't boughtered to replace the OEM deck. how gay is that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.