Anyone know when new Kenwood head units will be released?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I do not. Id be interested to see what they do come out with New, and to see what other features and or additions they may introduce. Hopefully they will be affordable for everyone..

How often do they introduce new ones? Have you checked other manufacturers to see what new features they have, and if it's something you want? What new features are you wanting?

You're talking they released the last one right at the start of covid and the supply chain nonsense, and we're still not back. I wouldn't expect that they have done ANY manufacturing for new products. It doesn't even make sense to me, that they would be planning manufacturing, even if they had a product when most of that time, people weren't back at work. (They released a new line, and then everybody stopped working, how far COULD they have even got).

> What new features are you wanting?

Head units have (at least) 4 amps (L/R Front/Rear), so it would be very nice if they could actually play multi-channel FLAC files. Quad would be nice, but also playing 5.1 would be great (they could mix the Center and LFE into the other 4, but if external amps/speakers are present they could properly support all 6 channels).

And for those of you who are wondering about quad releases, here's new releases from today:
https://theseconddisc.com/2023/10/1...on-lightfoot-spinners-america-charles-mingus/

Thanks,
Mike

Head units have (at least) 4 amps (L/R Front/Rear), so it would be very nice if they could actually play multi-channel FLAC files. Quad would be nice, but also playing 5.1 would be great (they could mix the Center and LFE into the other 4, but if external amps/speakers are present they could properly support all 6 channels).

And for those of you who are wondering about quad releases, here's new releases from today:
https://theseconddisc.com/2023/10/1...on-lightfoot-spinners-america-charles-mingus/

Thanks,
Mike
Your post looks like an AI, posting an ad. That just looks copied, and unrealistic

What vehicle is this for, a taco truck? Taco trucks need all that.

I'm going to take your AI comment as a compliment, instead of an insult. :)

My truck is a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-road without the JBL sound system. But of course, none of that has anything to do with release dates for new Kenwood head units, does it?

Mike

Thanks,
Mike
Interesting read there. Thanks! I myself like 4v-8v HUs. Some of my older Eclipse HUs have 8v most are 5v. Still working Great! Basic features/old school style , but for me.. pretty simplistic is all I need.

It's for people that drive cars like this!

1697599828484.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...