Are there any head units like this?

Brax1942

CarAudio.com Newbie
Arkansas
So I am doing a small but nice build in my older Ford suv and I need a head unit suggestion that would fit my needs. Here are my specific needs:

1.) ability to play flac, wav or lossless high res music
2.) preferably the highest playback resolution and bit rate. 192khz etc..
3.) ability to run 3 way components in an active setup with a separate amp. No back speakers only fronts and subs
4.) large touch screen with built in Navigation and back up cam.
5.) room correction
6.) plays well with iPhones

Anyone have any suggestions? Items 1-3 are absolute must haves. I know the likes of Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer etc have models that can do these but is there any thing out there that can do it for under $1,000?

I plan to only run a nice set of 1” + 3” + 6.5” components in the front doors or maybe the A Pillers if I can get them to fit. Then a couple of nice subs in a ported box in the rear.

Pioneer makes head units that will natively play hi-rez file, and do the other things you are looking for.
I can't recommend a specific one (even the one I have) because I don't play hi-rez in my car. Just no benefit to me in such a noisy environment.

Kenwood eXcelon and eXcelon XR head units. Browse the Kenwood website and find the one you think best fits your needs. Here is the way to save money. What I have done is look for the manufacture refurbished units on eBay. I have owned two and have NEVER had an issue.

Kenwood eXcelons and XR's play all the files you listed up to 192kHz and also support NTFS file systems which means TB+ sized SSD's are not an issue. Will do 3-way active. DSP functions. BT, Wireless Apple car play and Android auto.

If you go this route invest in a Crucial X8 SSD. The X6 had pausing issues which the X8 has never had.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...