Is there an emulator module to connect external CD players to '22 Honda head units?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Valdric

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought an external DVD drive, an LG SP80NB80, to play music CDs via a USB port in my 2022 Honda Insight head unit (which has two USB ports but lacks both a CD player and a 3.5 mm auxiliary port).

I bought it because the LG SP80NB80 is known to play CDs on a 2017 Honda CRV, but although my head unit will recognize the drive and the CD's music files (not by name, just by a generic label) when plugged into either of the USB ports, it won't play the music files on 4 different CDs.

So, can anyone direct me to a USB emulator module that will accept the DVD drive's USB cable on one end and, with a second USB cable connected to the other end, send a converted/readable signal to the Honda head unit?

I've checked Honda and Insight forums and have continued to look for solutions, but I can't find anything that would allow me to plug a CD player into the car's USB port and play CDs. I did find an older FM transmitter car adapter with an auxiliary port that will send music to the radio, so that's likely to be my only solution, which is fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...