HEAD UNIT HELP alpine/pioneer

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPLguy420
10+ year member

Pimp
michigan
Sorry about all my posts, but this one will be my last on this topic i promise, im just poor and wanna get most out of my money. ok so i narrowed it down to 2 HU's

PIONEER DEH-P7600MP http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752&item=5740512888&rd=1

or

ALPINE CDA-9827 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39750&item=5740210583&rd=1

I like buttons and things to mess around with, so which one has most features?

also which one sounds better? and are these good places to buy from or are thier better/cheaper places, maybe with warenty? thanks alot. peace

Its hard to say, the Pioneer has an EQ, and has a more powerful built in amp, so if you are not using a seperate amp for your components you may want to go ahead and get it.

However it is only a few watts difference, and the pioneer is more expensive, but I would say alpine has possible slightly better quality, but the difference seems inaudible.

If you are willing to spend a few extra bucks go ahead and get the pioneer, but if you already got an EQ, or you have a seperate amp for your components and it has a crossover you can check out the alpine.

how did you come to the conclusion from those links that the alpine is better quality? i would go alpine because of the 4 volt preouts vs. pioneer's 2 volt. look into getting a premier 760. i know my old premier 750 had 6 volt outputs, so i'm assuming the 760 does as well.

how did you come to the conclusion from those links that the alpine is better quality? i would go alpine because of the 4 volt preouts vs. pioneer's 2 volt. look into getting a premier 760. i know my old premier 750 had 6 volt outputs, so i'm assuming the 760 does as well.
The Signal to noise ratio, and the pre out voltage...both deal with quality, higher the better...and alpine are generally well built.

and yes the 4v > 2.2

+105 db stn > 94 db stn

The pioneer is a bit more flashy...

The Signal to noise ratio, and the pre out voltage...both deal with quality, higher the better...and alpine are generally well built.
and yes the 4v > 2.2

+105 db stn > 94 db stn

The pioneer is a bit more flashy...

in sound quality, but that doesn't mean in durability. you would hardly notice a difference between 105 and 94 db's. if you don't get any noise in your system at 2.2 volts, going to 4 volts will do nothing for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.