Have questions about new setup.

Dbzforlife

So to make this as short and straight forward as possible I'm building a system in my Dodge ram crew cab. I'm putting in a single 10 w7 powered by a jl 500.1 v1. I have a custom box made that's 1.78 net tuned to 35hz. The sub is up fired with the port facing the driver and passanger. The box will sit ontop of the back seats. My questions are..

1.) What kind of output could I expect with this setup?

2.) Wouldn't there be a better positioning method for the box?

3.) Would I be able to feel the bass with this setup?

Thanks for the help guys!

Larger amp = optimizes sub and currently proposed box

Sell w7 = get sub that performs better on 500 watts, allows you to match impedance of current amp (maximizing amp

Output potential) and might gain you the extra cash to fund the enclosure...well part of it .

might hit a solid 130 db
How loud is 130db? Is it enough to be heard coming down the street? Not that that's important to me but I had a sundown x10 on a saz1500. My neighbor told me he could hear me from down the street but in my scion tc (before it was totalled) it didn't sound loud at all. I guess that might have been because of the box it was in? Was supposible made just from that sub from fatboxusa..

How loud is 130db? Is it enough to be heard coming down the street? Not that that's important to me but I had a sundown x10 on a saz1500. My neighbor told me he could hear me from down the street but in my scion tc (before it was totalled) it didn't sound loud at all. I guess that might have been because of the box it was in? Was supposible made just from that sub from fatboxusa..
Not anywhere close to that level that would have been high 130s to 140db

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.