Have a ported box, need another box. ported or sealed? add another? build one more?

and again how do you achieve that cone control?

he does not have use more power, it has to do with the cone control you achieve when using a sealed box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok, for the OP. I understand your frustration. People who are trying to help you are getting on your nerves because they are being very blunt with their opinions. Dont take it the wrong way, please. In reality, we are always here to help for the majority of the community. And if not, they will likely be reported and taken care of properly. So, as far as that is concerned, please take the advice on here as them helping you, as most people on here are well into the audio world already, and some things they say are out of fun. Just make fun back, thats all. Dont let it get to you because they really dont mean any harm. People get forum raped on here a lot, lol, and they just take it and give it back. You'll be fine, I promise. You have a legit question that needs to be taken care of. I hope you get the help you need, but dont listen to people tell you what kind of drivers to buy. That is your choice. Any driver will work well in the right enclosure (trust me). SO, keep the driver you have, and we will see what we can do for it. Ill PM you. Again, just have fun with it.

I don't really care, I just wanted help with the box, that's all...then I get suggestions on subs, lol...wtf...

Inside the car, I think you would be impressed by how much this single 10" hits, especially for $80

I think I might try getting a 500+ rms @ 2 ohm amp and see if this single 10" is enough for my needs.

Right now I only have a 500w @ 4ohms amp which is running a 2 ohm load from the sub with no problems, but I want to give it more than that.

I had a fusion pp-am15001 on it, which claims 850 rms @ 2 ohms. Not sure if it actually did, but that amp pushed a 15" boss onyx in a 4.1 ported very well.

Plus, I can't find any 2x500w rms @ 4 ohms amp, and 1ohms amps will just get hotter and be more expensive.

I'm open to suggestions on THAT, but not different subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bought this clarion on 7-25 so I can still return it for full money back
Convince me to get a sub without a warranty and I will.......I just don't see a good reason why....

Best buy said they will replace the sub if it blows, infinite amount of times within the protection plan.
I think the sub suggestions came from this post.. We all were trying to really make your system hit.. I dont think you have ever heard real good bass before if all you have to go by is JL, Audiobahn, and uhhh BOSS. Thats all... BUT just go to the Clarion website, find the sub(it should have box suggestions), go to the box calculator on 12volt.com and your good. A sealed box is very easy to design

And as for your 4 year plan, thats just funny.. Most people that get into this hobby dont keep subs that long, most good subs if the user is not a noob will last that long anyway( look at some of the old Rockfords in the classified from the freaking 90s ). Hell I dont even have my level 4s yet for my current setup and Im already planning for a SSA XCON build next year!

I think the sub suggestions came from this post.. We all were trying to really make your system hit.. I dont think you have ever heard real good bass before if all you have to go by is JL, Audiobahn, and uhhh BOSS. Thats all... BUT just go to the Clarion website, find the sub(it should have box suggestions), go to the box calculator on 12volt.com and your good. A sealed box is very easy to design
The boss onyx has actually hit the hardest from anything I've owned. It was nice. I really don't need that much bass though, at least not for the price/performance ratio.

I wouldn't believe anything till I heard it.

And as for your 4 year plan, thats just funny.. Most people that get into this hobby dont keep subs that long, most good subs if the user is not a noob will last that long anyway( look at some of the old Rockfords in the classified from the freaking 90s ). Hell I dont even have my level 4s yet for my current setup and Im already planning for a SSA XCON build next year!
I know, I had just sold a perfectly working mtx thunder 5000 from the 90's.

And I am not sure what my plans will be for the future.

I wanted to get 4-10 of these clarions for the cargo area (not blocking any windows)

Best buy warranties just seem like a wise investment. They claim they will replace subs if the blow or I hook them up wrong. I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to do that.

haha i hit my groan limit already....and did he just say he was running a 4 ohm amp at 2 ohms?????
p500-2 has a low-ohm protection and thermal protection.

It shuts off if I turn it up max, but only a few notches off (33 out of 35 will play nonstop) will work fine.

Someone suggested trying to run the amp at 2 ohms instead of buying another amp that does the same wattage at 2 ohms, since it's only "stable" at 4 ohms.

I thought the more subs you have, the more feelable bass you have?

I was going to give them lower and lower wattage for the more subs I have.

4 subs = 125-250w per sub

8 subs = 125w per sub and so on.

I already told you MAST.... Is protection plan will take care of it!! YOU DONT LISTEN WELL:escape:
Everyone is bashing best buy protection plans - anyone have a LEGIT reason?

Or is this one of those "I want to be cool and think I'm better than buying from best buy, because they sell kicker and alpine and known brands that high schoolers think are cool" kinds of things?

It's almost like there is some correlation with not buying major known brands and being cool, and I don't get it.

EDIT: I would also be open to ebay + squaretrade warranty, or square trade alone if possible?

I think 90% of ppl who buy aftermarket car audio DO keep things for 4 years or more.... that being said, if you end up blowing them up that much you will either get sick of bringing them in for replacement or just realize that you want louder than they can acheive and upgrade anyway.

OP, go ahead and buy the best buy subs and build or buy a solid sealed box for them. After you decide how many and what impedence subs you are using come back and ask for a good amp to drive them (best not to even mention brand of subs or you'll have every ****-rider on here telling you which online brand sub is better).

Also please do yourself a favor and don't try to tell us how good or how loud the big-box store brands are...that's asking for a well deserved flaming since many people here either have or have heard really loud and really good sounding equipment and installs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.