Have a ported box, need another box. ported or sealed? add another? build one more?

I still think this 10" for $80 hits hard enough.

I really just wanted to get help building a box for 2 of them...

Has anyone even tried these clarions?

They hit pretty hard.

I wish I had termlab or something to benchmark the DB they put out.

I'm not trying to shake the block here...

I still think this 10" for $80 hits hard enough.
I really just wanted to get help building a box for 2 of them...

Has anyone even tried these clarions?

They hit pretty hard.

I wish I had termlab or something to benchmark the DB they put out.

I'm not trying to shake the block here...
its not about shaking the block...

its the fact that guys on here, with ALOT more experience and knowledge then you, are giving you advice, and your completely disregarding it.... we see noob like behavior like this on a weekly basis... and then the oh so familiar thread, of said noob, wondering why his subs blew

LMFAO...Wow all these people giving you such great advice and you disregard it. Good job. I'm sure you will blow that sucker in no time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol this thread is funny. woner if im going to get groaned at. but hey on a serious note. just dont do single boxes especially if they are going to be different types of enclosures. just go with one sealed enclosure if thats how you like the way it sounds. and just go to a local dealer and buy your subs instead of best buy. thats my 2cents/time.

lol this thread is funny. woner if im going to get groaned at. but hey on a serious note. just dont do single boxes especially if they are going to be different types of enclosures. just go with one sealed enclosure if thats how you like the way it sounds. and just go to a local dealer and buy your subs instead of best buy. thats my 2cents/time.
Thanks for staying on topic.

I will probably make a slim 1.0 sealed for 2 of them to save room, since that's the whole reason I am getting them. I don't want 4.1 ported like the last 15" I had was.

Ported seems too complicated to me, and sealed seems to yield better SQ IMO.

The dual audiobahn 12" box I had was individually sealed boxes stuck together and was great because if one didn't work I could still bump and it sounded great.

I'm sure all these USA made underground brands are great and everything, but I really don't want to be stuck with a blown sub (or dry rotted surround, since it's real humid out here)

I could see if any of those companies offered warranties like best buy does...

From the chat I had with a best buy person, they said if you blow the sub, it's covered. If you wire it wrong, it's covered. And I am pretty sure they said they will replace the sub as many times as you want within the warranty period.

Again:

$80

$100 with 4 year protection plan.

0.5 sealed

500w rms, dual 4 ohm

Can you even find a sub with 500w rms that only needs .5 for sealed?

well there should be plenty of subs out their that want a 0.5 sealed enclosure. but you also know your going to be giving them more power when sealed? uses more rms than ported; but since you dont want to use that much space so its all up to you from their.

the sub's mechanical parameters and soft parts used, is what makes a sub more "SQ" oriented. Here is the deal casemods, some people have put their .02 in. do not take offense on an internet forum. all you have to do is say okay. its words on a screen, it does not mean you have to take their advice. be happy advice was given, its up to you to either a. use this advice or b. store it in your head for future reference, not become upset.

Now, on topic to your questions, a single chambered 1ft^3 box for the subs will be fine. i would personally do 1.75ft^3 sealed with them. i would not put them in a ported box. If you would like a box built near you, check the vendor section at the top of the forum. OR if you want a design once again check the top of the forum homepage for the vendors. Lastly if you choose to order a design or box from someone, respect their judgment! As a builder and designer i have had one to many customers with an idea in their head they can not shake out when i try to recommend a dif. box type, size, and or tuning. It becomes frustrating as a designer or builder we do NOT want to build or design something that is not optimal. some are in it for the money only. but most on the forums are in it because they love to make woofers shine.

also please remember you have to allow yourself to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

best of luck to you!

well there should be plenty of subs out their that want a 0.5 sealed enclosure. but you also know your going to be giving them more power when sealed? uses more rms than ported; but since you dont want to use that much space so its all up to you from their.
he does not have use more power, it has to do with the cone control you achieve when using a sealed box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the sub's mechanical parameters and soft parts used, is what makes a sub more "SQ" oriented. Here is the deal casemods, some people have put their .02 in. do not take offense on an internet forum. all you have to do is say okay. its words on a screen, it does not mean you have to take their advice. be happy advice was given, its up to you to either a. use this advice or b. store it in your head for future reference, not become upset.
Now, on topic to your questions, a single chambered 1ft^3 box for the subs will be fine. i would personally do 1.75ft^3 sealed with them. i would not put them in a ported box. If you would like a box built near you, check the vendor section at the top of the forum. OR if you want a design once again check the top of the forum homepage for the vendors. Lastly if you choose to order a design or box from someone, respect their judgment! As a builder and designer i have had one to many customers with an idea in their head they can not shake out when i try to recommend a dif. box type, size, and or tuning. It becomes frustrating as a designer or builder we do NOT want to build or design something that is not optimal. some are in it for the money only. but most on the forums are in it because they love to make woofers shine.

also please remember you have to allow yourself to learn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

best of luck to you!
I will take the advice given I guess. Although I clearly stated in the OP that I just wanted help with the box!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.