Hating my G37 Bose Setup!

chicago_animal
10+ year member

Chicago
My 2012 Infiniti G37xS coupe with the Bose Sound just doesnt do it for me. Its loud but when a song kicks in, you just dont FEEL it.

People have said they got an Amp for the door speakersand added a sub. I was wondering on peoples thoughts on these:

JL XD700/5 700W Class D Amplifier

10" or 12" JL BassWedge

JL..? You mean JFails? Nah they're ok, If you just want to add some thump I'd just get a comp or compVR
You both fail for your car I'd recommend a mmats 5 channel and some pro subs and comps. I can sell you all of it too

To do it the right way, I'd say try to integrate a JBL MS-8 processor into your system. Add amplifier(s) for the midbass door speakers and the subwoofer. Run all other channels off JBL MS-8's internal amplifier, and see how it goes. JBL has >30 band equalizer, time alignment, surround sound processor, and automatic calibration for all of the above. For this setup, you could get away with something like a $200 Soundstream TN4.900 4 channel amplifier, with two channels running door midbasses, and two bridged for a subwoofer (450watt RMS power in bridged mode). Throw in a 12 inch sub in a sealed box, like Image Dynamics IDQ, JBL Power, Infinity Kappa, JL W3 or S6 etc and that should fill the low end pretty well.

By the way, DIYMA had done a Klippel test of that Bose "subwoofer". Surprisingly, it doesn't seem bad, but looking at the pictures, clearly you won't strong sub bass SPL out of that speaker. >5mm xmax, fs in the 40s. huge cone area. Should be nice for midbass duty, but hardly a good speaker for sub bass.

^do that

My car came with the JBL system, which I happen to like, but if I ever do touch it THAT is the way I will do it especially since I'd like to keep all of the imaging, T/A and use of my center channel.

Zako,

Wow, THANK YOU for all this info! In regards to the amp and sub, what did you think about the ones I mentioned? I dont have much of a trunk, thats why I was looking at the JL BassWedge. Somone mentioned to me that if I get an amp for the speakers and sub, I should get a "AudioControl LC2i". Any thoughts on this?

The JBL MS-8 looks impressive but Im not sure if I can swing that and the amp and sub. Gotta think about it.

Zako,
Wow, THANK YOU for all this info! In regards to the amp and sub, what did you think about the ones I mentioned? I dont have much of a trunk, thats why I was looking at the JL BassWedge. Somone mentioned to me that if I get an amp for the speakers and sub, I should get a "AudioControl LC2i". Any thoughts on this?

The JBL MS-8 looks impressive but Im not sure if I can swing that and the amp and sub. Gotta think about it.
Ill be the one to say this, being that your car is a 2012 and has the bose premium sound system, for real improvement you are going to have to spend quite a bit of money. I wouldnt reccomend the Jl bass wedge it is incredibly over priced for what it is.

My 2012 Infiniti G37xS coupe with the Bose Sound just doesnt do it for me. Its loud but when a song kicks in, you just dont FEEL it.
People have said they got an Amp for the door speakersand added a sub. I was wondering on peoples thoughts on these:

JL XD700/5 700W Class D Amplifier

10" or 12" JL BassWedge
Rip all that chit out of there!! I never understood why an individual spends $30k+ on a vehicle and the audio system sounds like a ss in everyone of them..Prem. sound ..Really??Id rip it all out, and sell it,and put a real system in there

Someone told me that JL had some decent subs but never heard the bass wedge. WHat was the problem with it? Just not worth the price? Anything you would suggest looking at?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.