Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

Dang, Taylor, way to sell me down the river. I'm not saying I won't use TA. That's the whole reason the Tahoe build is going to be centered around the Arc PS8. I'm using TA right now in my setup thanks to the CD7200mkii and it definitely helps, but it's not a concrete workaround to poor driver placement. I can definitely tell the shortfalls to not having my tweets up on the dash or higher, but it's definitely an improvement over a non-time aligned system. I'd just prefer to use it as little as possible and focus on the driver placement and round out the rest with TA and EQ. Appreciate the feedback, though. I have definitely wowed a few people who've never considered a benefit to time alignment in a vehicle until they sit down in my driver's seat and hear the difference.
Lol. I wasn't calling you out or anything. But the simple fact is that in a car... the drivers are NOT equidistant from you. Well, unless you do some crazy shit. And tweeters really aren't even all that concerning. Obviously their physical mounting height will help stage height, but you don't even NEED T/A on tweeter frequencies since they're dominated by intensity.

Dedicated midrange.... well, kicks do wonders here for PLD's and IID is still pretty dominant so you could get away with very little electronic manipulation.

But midbass and lower midrange... chances are that they're in the doors and these are dominated by ITD's. Gots to have some T/A here.

I have a crap ton of tuning at my disposal with the Pioneer p99. But my shit is so simple. All but 7 (all cut and all within -3db) of my 31 bands are flat. I've got about 18" of delay on my driver's woofer and the driver's tweeter is -3db. That's it.

Yep peer pressure stinks.

Do it.
Haha. I'm sure I'll cave.

Lol. I wasn't calling you out or anything. But the simple fact is that in a car... the drivers are NOT equidistant from you. Well, unless you do some crazy shit. And tweeters really aren't even all that concerning. Obviously their physical mounting height will help stage height, but you don't even NEED T/A on tweeter frequencies since they're dominated by intensity.
Dedicated midrange.... well, kicks do wonders here for PLD's and IID is still pretty dominant so you could get away with very little electronic manipulation.

But midbass and lower midrange... chances are that they're in the doors and these are dominated by ITD's. Gots to have some T/A here.

I have a crap ton of tuning at my disposal with the Pioneer p99. But my shit is so simple. All but 7 (all cut and all within -3db) of my 31 bands are flat. I've got about 18" of delay on my driver's woofer and the driver's tweeter is -3db. That's it.
I really need to setup my time alignment. Been avoiding it for no real reason

Not bad at all. I'm slowly leaning more and more towards a MS8 over the PS8. Seems like a much more intelligent setup that I'm willing to forgo having all the hands-on controls. I realized yesterday that the DAC on the Pure i20 will be more than capable of handling the processing duties that I can withstand RCA out. That intelligent EQ curve seems like a lifesaver. As of right now, the only EQ on my system is a wide Q on the 2.5K to raise the soundstage and another wide cut on the 8K to remove the sibilance and push the stage back. Sounds really good right now, especially on Zedd's Clarity album. The midbass output on Codec actually surprised me and reminded me I need to deaden the beauty panel over my passenger door handle/armrest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.