Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

Hmm a bit relieved to know that then. I was thinking both drivers on the dash for staging and imaging. So are you saying stock locations for the 6.5s would be more than sufficient (as long as doors are well-deadened)?
Indeed. And if you want something like that you might consider what I have found to be the single finest full range from the Godfather of full range drivers himself, Ted Jordan, the JX92 (the new version is the E100HD). If you're willing to do something like that to your dash, this driver is it. From 45hz on up. You could augment it with the Anarchy in the door or run them right down to a sub, no problem. You would think that off axis response would be a problem but the cone behaves in a bending-wave fashion so that the radiating surface gets smaller as the frequency gets higher. I've owned them, they are phenomenal. How many people do you know that run two 5" and two 7" for a front stage?
http://www.eadsweden.com/shop/17596/art74/8372674-d191f1-EAD_E100HD_v1.1.pdf

Indeed. And if you want something like that you might consider what I have found to be the single finest full range from the Godfather of full range drivers himself, Ted Jordan, the JX92 (the new version is the E100HD). If you're willing to do something like that to your dash, this driver is it. From 45hz on up. You could augment it with the Anarchy in the door or run them right down to a sub, no problem. You would think that off axis response would be a problem but the cone behaves in a bending-wave fashion so that the radiating surface gets smaller as the frequency gets higher. I've owned them, they are phenomenal. How many people do you know that run two 5" and two 7" for a front stage?
http://www.eadsweden.com/shop/17596/art74/8372674-d191f1-EAD_E100HD_v1.1.pdf
Ummm... I want some. Who do I PayPal? Lol.

Good lawd. You were gonna put Anarchys on the dash?
Eh, I was in the go big or go home school of thought. Really shooting for the most realistic soundstage possible. I want this to be a car that changes a lot of local perceptions of what car audio can do for years to come. I even thought about doing some LCY ribbons, but didn't like the idea of having to mount them in the kicks. I'd like to use as little TA as possible and just focus on rock solid driver placement.

Eh, I was in the go big or go home school of thought. Really shooting for the most realistic soundstage possible. I want this to be a car that changes a lot of local perceptions of what car audio can do for years to come. I even thought about doing some LCY ribbons, but didn't like the idea of having to mount them in the kicks. I'd like to use as little TA as possible and just focus on rock solid driver placement.
You aren't going to eliminate the need for TA with your mids on the dash. Take out your tape measure and jot down your path lengths from the dash corners to your forehead from each seat up front. The differences will vary between vehicles and where your head is positioned, but you will find more than enough difference for time delay to be of benefit for imaging.

I don't understand why today,with all the great DSPs available, people are still trying to make car audio like the old days. Don't be afraid to learn to tune, or at least to try it so you can appreciate what the prize winning SQ competitors are doing.

You aren't going to eliminate the need for TA with your mids on the dash. Take out your tape measure and jot down your path lengths from the dash corners to your forehead from each seat up front. The differences will vary between vehicles and where your head is positioned, but you will find more than enough difference for time delay to be of benefit for imaging.
I don't understand why today,with all the great DSPs available, people are still trying to make car audio like the old days. Don't be afraid to learn to tune, or at least to try it so you can appreciate what the prize winning SQ competitors are doing.
I'm not saying I want to eliminate needing TA entirely, just minimize its use. TA only takes me so far and I am definitely tell the difference between running TA in the passat to mimic proper placement vs actually having the drivers in a more on-axis setup. Appreciate the input, though.

Looked at those EADs and they're definitely nice. Just wished the frog plate was removable on the E60 as it seems like that's where the majority of the bulk comes from.

I have a pair of anarchy's that I use to play with.Yes they best I've heard in a 3 way or in my case F.A.S.T. Setup.

They sound like subs in your doors.

They will pound the **** out of them.

I'm a SQL type of guy, so I didn't use a sub, at that time
Hey man clear your PM BOX. it's full

decided to put the anarchys in the rear doors. what would you guys go with in the front doors need some good clear crisp highs not worried about bass since the anarchys will provide that. Im not a baller either im on military pay lol. Nobody has used peerless before?

[quote name='trumpet']You aren't going to eliminate the need for TA with your mids on the dash. Take out your tape measure and jot down your path lengths from the dash corners to your forehead from each seat up front. The differences will vary between vehicles and where your head is positioned, but you will find more than enough difference for time delay to be of benefit for imaging.

I don't understand why today,with all the great DSPs available, people are still trying to make car audio like the old days. Don't be afraid to learn to tune, or at least to try it so you can appreciate what the prize winning SQ competitors are doing.[/QUOTE]

This is the fight that I have every day with the "knowledgable" SQ guys around here. They're all old school and none of them use or believe in T/A. "I didn't need no time alignment hullabaloo when I placed 3rd at finals 100 years ago"

Yeah? Well... this ain't 100 years ago.

@neo_styles; get T/A and learn to use it in conjuction with a solid install/driver placement. Set it up for both seat positions and use a processor/HU that will let you swap between different listening positions. Then when you demo, swap the positions and let people hear the difference. My GF knows absolutley nothing about CA and when I swap between driver seat and passenger seat, even she can tell that it's night and day.

[quote name='TaylorFade']This is the fight that I have every day with the "knowledgable" SQ guys around here. They're all old school and none of them use or believe in T/A. "I didn't need no time alignment hullabaloo when I placed 3rd at finals 100 years ago"

Yeah? Well... this ain't 100 years ago.

@neo_styles; get T/A and learn to use it in conjuction with a solid install/driver placement. Set it up for both seat positions and use a processor/HU that will let you swap between different listening positions. Then when you demo, swap the positions and let people hear the difference. My GF knows absolutley nothing about CA and when I swap between driver seat and passenger seat, even she can tell that it's night and day.[/QUOTE]

Dang, Taylor, way to sell me down the river. I'm not saying I won't use TA. That's the whole reason the Tahoe build is going to be centered around the Arc PS8. I'm using TA right now in my setup thanks to the CD7200mkii and it definitely helps, but it's not a concrete workaround to poor driver placement. I can definitely tell the shortfalls to not having my tweets up on the dash or higher, but it's definitely an improvement over a non-time aligned system. I'd just prefer to use it as little as possible and focus on the driver placement and round out the rest with TA and EQ. Appreciate the feedback, though. I have definitely wowed a few people who've never considered a benefit to time alignment in a vehicle until they sit down in my driver's seat and hear the difference.

I agree with you, though, that it is an OS way of thinking that driver placement is the be-all-end-all. It is, however, a solid foundation. You can't expect to mount your tweets on the rear deck of a trunk car and let TA magically fix things for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.