Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

imfromstlouis
10+ year member

d.c.
Hey im looking to buy a pair of peerless sls 8" to put hidden in the quater panels . Has anyone heard them before and what are your thoughts on them. I was also thinking of puting the exodus anarchy in the rear doors i am not sure sure what tweeters or mids to get for the front doors. I will be using a Jl audio 300/4 or does anyone reccomend a different amp. I dont think it will be enough power to run all this with. I have not bought anything yet except the Jl audio becuase it is out of my old system any suggestions would be appreciated. Also im not trying to spend a **** ton of money. I have installed systems usually i just buy a componet speakers and use subwoofers but i want a better sound now not just boom boom. I daf infinite kappas and type rs for door speakers i didnt like either of them they didnt get very loud or crisp with my jl maybe it was just the amp not sure. so what speaker do you guys reccoomend and amp.

The Exodus Anarchy is not fit to cross over up into a standard tweeter. You would need to get creative and/or do 3 way front stage to pull that off. I use the last gen Exodus midrange and I really like it, but I must say mounting depth is a challenge (I can immagine the same or more-so for the new one). Also have Peerless mids in my doors now, I'm happy with them.

At the end of the day just throwing components into your doors is not going to give you the improvement you're looking for. Some work treating the doors, putting things in A pilars or kickpanels, or otherwise some creative placement of drivers is what you're after.

yea i was looking into doing a 3 way front stage. I also have sound deading material to seal the door up i dont really want to use kick panel though. So what would you go with for the front and rear doors and what amp?

I have a pair of anarchy's that I use to play with.

Yes they best I've heard in a 3 way or in my case F.A.S.T. Setup.

They sound like subs in your doors.

They will pound the **** out of them.

I'm a SQL type of guy, so I didn't use a sub, at that time

The Exodus Anarchy is not fit to cross over up into a standard tweeter. You would need to get creative and/or do 3 way front stage to pull that off. I use the last gen Exodus midrange and I really like it, but I must say mounting depth is a challenge (I can immagine the same or more-so for the new one). Also have Peerless mids in my doors now, I'm happy with them.
At the end of the day just throwing components into your doors is not going to give you the improvement you're looking for. Some work treating the doors, putting things in A pilars or kickpanels, or otherwise some creative placement of drivers is what you're after.
The bolded was recently disspelled. With prejudice. The Exodus beat out a lot of forum boners in a very recent midwoofer shootout. It placed in "Tier 2" alongside the much ballyhooed Hybrid L6SE.

The bolded was recently disspelled. With prejudice. The Exodus beat out a lot of forum boners in a very recent midwoofer shootout. It placed in "Tier 2" alongside the much ballyhooed Hybrid L6SE.
Really? That's an impressive driver than considering how capable it is for low frequencies!

Really? That's an impressive driver than considering how capable it is for low frequencies!
It's the DIYMA shootout. I saw the same thing and, since I don't have the dime for the PHASS midbass, the Exodus would be great for the value. I do know they need to be in sealed enclosures to really shine, so OP if you can, see what you can do with that.

No doubt. Anarchy + Vifa xt25? Be a sweet DIY budget 2 way. Or the Silver Flutes to save some coin. I wish they'd have thrown those in there. I'm gonna PM bikinpunk and tell him to Klippel them things.

I keep thinking I might to do a full blown DIY budget SQ setup in the CRX and see how good I can get it for like... $300-400 total.

No doubt. Anarchy + Vifa xt25? Be a sweet DIY budget 2 way. Or the Silver Flutes to save some coin. I wish they'd have thrown those in there. I'm gonna PM bikinpunk and tell him to Klippel them things.
I keep thinking I might to do a full blown DIY budget SQ setup in the CRX and see how good I can get it for like... $300-400 total.
Funny you mentioned the Vifa/Exodus combo, because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing in the Tahoe build in a couple years. Think I just confirmed it now. Anarchys and VT25s on axis in dash pods... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

Funny you mentioned the Vifa/Exodus combo, because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing in the Tahoe build in a couple years. Think I just confirmed it now. Anarchys and VT25s on axis in dash pods... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif
Don't latch on to that sealed pod idea too tightly, I mean unless you plan on hammering them with EQ and power. They handle power nicely, don't get me wrong, but they don't have huge coils by any means, why risk nearing thermal or running into compression? I use mine free air and they are stunners down into the 30's. As far as top end, you guys will shit when I tell you I run them wide open with a simple 6db slope (true acoustical pole) on my HF drivers. After T/A, EQ, and all that jazz, the raggedness on the top end is not apparent at all and the biggest gain is the overall coherency. The KISS principal at it's finest.

Don't latch on to that sealed pod idea too tightly, I mean unless you plan on hammering them with EQ and power. They handle power nicely, don't get me wrong, but they don't have huge coils by any means, why risk nearing thermal or running into compression? I use mine free air and they are stunners down into the 30's. As far as top end, you guys will shit when I tell you I run them wide open with a simple 6db slope (true acoustical pole) on my HF drivers. After T/A, EQ, and all that jazz, the raggedness on the top end is not apparent at all and the biggest gain is the overall coherency. The KISS principal at it's finest.
I tell people all the time that they should try this. I run my midwoofers wide open too.

Maybe it's psychoacoustical, but I hate having a crossover right in the middle of the vocal spectrum.

Hmm a bit relieved to know that then. I was thinking both drivers on the dash for staging and imaging. So are you saying stock locations for the 6.5s would be more than sufficient (as long as doors are well-deadened)?

Hmm a bit relieved to know that then. I was thinking both drivers on the dash for staging and imaging. So are you saying stock locations for the 6.5s would be more than sufficient (as long as doors are well-deadened)?
Good lawd. You were gonna put Anarchys on the dash?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.