Has anyone ever severly screwed up the big 3?

In my blazer i used to have, i had a 1/0 big 3 ground come loose. Then all that current tried going through the small stock grounds and it smoked my whole engine harness and alt... Lulz learned from that real quick.

In my blazer i used to have, i had a 1/0 big 3 ground come loose. Then all that current tried going through the small stock grounds and it smoked my whole engine harness and alt... Lulz learned from that real quick.
Jesus christ you are one hell of a screw up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

My only 3 recommendations are:

1) Pull on the terminals hard after they are crimped. If you cant rip them off then they are solid. (This may seem like it would loosen it, but a perfect connection won't move ever(pending years of corrosion))

2) Get 2 old or cheap, dry hand towels. When you remove a connection, put them over a terminal. This way you will never have to worry about a short while working.

3) Spend the extra dollar and heat shrink the wires. While the rubber seals that come with terminals look nice, heat shrink covered by the terminal cover provides a better seal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.