Harman kardon ca5250 bridge + sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

leo12321

norway
Hi, i got a HK ca5250 and a Rockford Fosgate t112d4 sub wich i want to use together. Now i know that the amp is not the best match for this sub, but i got the component really cheap, so thats what i got at the moment.

The amp gives 320w at 2ohm, and the sub is rated at 600W rms. So, i was wondering if its possible to bridge the four other outputs on the amp and use them + the 320W connection to power the sub?

um, probably not. i don't think you are going to get a good configuration that will work to pull more power than the 320x1 @ 2ohm. if the 4 channel section is brigeable, then you would be left witth whatever it will do @4ohms bridged between 2 channels, per coil, which would still probably be only equal to 320x1 or less. i would just use it as it was designed, and run the one sub off the sub channel, and the 4channel section for your mids/highs. really, it's 2 different amps in one case. if you build a good box, 320 should do you decently, and the 4channel will give you some better sq to keep up with the sub...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.