Hardest hitting subwoofer? " When wired right of course!

Are there any 12" or 15" drivers made to play high freq. in car audio? What about 15" mid basses? I havent seen any.
No, for the reason I mentioned. Not enough real estate. How many people have the room or talent to reasonably put a 12 or 15 inch driver in their kickpanels or doors? Not many. Hence, it's not really used.

Car audio isn't the only genre in the realm of audio reproduction. Take a look at home audio or pro audio, and there are plenty of 10" and larger mids. Why do those suddenly not count?

I hope that simple concept isn't beyond your comprehension.

Your right about the design, but I would the driver size has alot to do with it.
Have you even read this thread at all? Or do you choose to ignore the truths that have been stated and substitute your own simple minded delusions?

Look, a 12" midbass/midrange driver: http://www.usspeaker.com/eighteensound-12MB1000-1.htm

What more do you need to comprehend this?

Hence the "in my experience" I personally have never heard any 15's I liked. I did not say they didn't exist, or it couldn't be done, I have just never heard it myself.
Well in your " great super dupper experience " you say over and over again.

I just asked a subwoofer question? I didn't ask you to comment on the question. Well to be honest with you I would use 8's for my house speakers or something man.

I personally can careless what subs you enjoy.

If I want to be heard 6 blocks away that's on me, but if you want to install your little 8's and don't vibrate a thing in the car, that's on you.

Smaller drivers typically have a smaller xmax, and are able to respond quicker due to simple physics. Cone mass is smaller,and therefore can move quicker. If driver size doesn't matter, why not run 15's for mids? With 8's you trade off super low extention for faster response. This has been MY experience.

actually...with the running 15"s for mids part...i think it was squeak who pointed out that this was wrong and in car audio u dont see it due to space...my friends who are into pro audio use 18"s for their mids and midbass applications...

If I want to be heard 6 blocks away that's on me, but if you want to install your little 8's and don't vibrate a thing in the car, that's on you.
I have a pair of ported 8's in my wifes car that would suprise the hell out of you,

your statment is like saying that 4 cyclinder cars are slow We both know you can get alot out of a small motor with the right setup, the same holds true for smaller subs.

I have a pair of ported 8's in my wifes car that would suprise the hell out of you,your statment is like saying that 4 cyclinder cars are slow We both know you can get alot out of a small motor with the right setup, the same holds true for smaller subs.
What 8's would these be?

As far As I can tell, as long as the sub has low throw they usually can produce some midbass. Most DIY drivers have a short thow. Tweeters and mids have no "excursion" shall we say, so the less excursion the better it should be at producing mids accurately.

Although...I have a JL 10W3 and you can play it full range at respectable volume, bass cranked. It doesn't distort, just doesnt put out treble. The science behind this whole subject of midbass from a large cone area driver is pretty heavy...

As far As I can tell, as long as the sub has low throw they usually can produce some midbass. Most DIY drivers have a short thow. Tweeters and mids have no "excursion" shall we say, so the less excursion the better it should be at producing mids accurately.
NO.... that's simply inaccurate...

I don't have a clue, but I'm under the impression that alot of mids usually have less moving mass. But I don't really know

I was asking a serious question.... Thanks for the serious answer...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Its all in the install and set up, you should know that, your one of the best installers on the board.

It is elementary that a larger cone will displace more air, but given the right enclosure and set up you can get very satisfying bass out of smaller drivers that can be heard over great distances.

Its all in the install and set up, you should know that, your one of the best installers on the board.It is elementary that a larger cone will displace more air, but given the right enclosure and set up you can get very satisfing bass out of smaller drivers that can be heard over great disances.
Yes, I am aware... now can you PLEASE answer my question?

What drivers are they? That's ALL I want to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.