Hardest hitting subwoofer? " When wired right of course!

If you read my first post, I answered your question *******, and here's the great part- you don't get to tell anyone what they can or cannot post. I was provided with some examples of why 8's aren't fundamentally any tighter than 15's and I accept that, even if I don't agree because I haven't seen it, it's not impossible. I also accept that others have more experience than me and can say so with examples to prove thier point. So far you have brought basically nothing to the table, other that imperceptible slang from the land of the rednecks, so piss off nOOb

All I know is I've hear 15's and 18's that are pretty **** punchy IMO.... so take it with a grain of salt.
I've just heard them hit hard as hell, but not rapid punchy bass like an 8 or 10, that's all I'm saying. Can they hit that way? from what this thread has told me, they can. There are some on this forum who's opinions I respect greatly, Chevy Boy, isn't one of them. I have no problem with being corrected if I am wrong, if the correctionis backed up with a little something called facts or proof.

what is bad about this thread is that i understand and have understood the concept mainly because i've tooled around with 8" full range and 10" midbasses that can reproduce up to 2.5khz...so chevy boy..that's BAD for you.

I've just heard them hit hard as hell, but not rapid punchy bass like an 8 or 10, that's all I'm saying. Can they hit that way? from what this thread has told me, they can. There are some on this forum who's opinions I respect greatly, Chevy Boy, isn't one of them. I have no problem with being corrected if I am wrong, if the correctionis backed up with a little something called facts or proof.
Noah's 18" XXX handled double kick drums quite well IMO, as did the brahma extreme.

Noah's 18" XXX handled double kick drums quite well IMO, as did the brahma extreme.
I would live to hear a system with 18's or 15's that was tight, everything I have heard was just a boomy sldgehammer blast. It hurt my chest. It was loud and the impact was brutal, but it couldn't handle fast doublebass drum kicks in succession without muddying up the bass. Seriously I would love to hear a system with 15's or 18's done like you guys say is possible, because I haven't yet.

I would live to hear a system with 18's or 15's that was tight, everything I have heard was just a boomy sldgehammer blast. It hurt my chest. It was loud and the impact was brutal, but it couldn't handle fast doublebass drum kicks in succession without muddying up the bass. Seriously I would love to hear a system with 15's or 18's done like you guys say is possible, because I haven't yet.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif my dayton makes miles davis' "say what" bass progressions come alive in ways you'd never dream possible...

You are right. Those drivers I linked to are just myths. They don't really exist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Just stop typing now. I, and many others, have proved you to be totally and completely wrong. It doesn't matter that this forum is about car audio. The fact that larger drivers can work as mids is all that matters. And that has been proven. Just because they are rarely used in car audio due to space restrictions doesn't mean they do not work in audio as a whole. If that simple concept is beyond your comprehension, then I feel sorry for you.

But in the end, YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG

[/conversation]
hmm, yeah okay, so your vehicle defies the laws of physics. You listen to music in an air vacuum. If 2 identicle drivers had different cone areas, the larger one would not be able to move as fast as the smaller one. This is the basic concept of having tweeters, mids and subwoofers.

hmm, yeah okay, so your vehicle defies the laws of physics.
No. You just don't understand the laws of physics.

If 2 identicle drivers had different cone areas, the larger one would not be able to move as fast as the smaller one.
VERY wrong.

Rather than me taking the time to explain it:

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/WooferSpeed.pdf

I'll give you the synopsis:

Mass isn't the problem - Inductance is. So if you want faster transient response, ignore that moving mass parameter that some manufacturer's push - look at the inductance!
Good try. No prize.

No. You just don't understand the laws of physics.

VERY wrong.

Rather than me taking the time to explain it:

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/WooferSpeed.pdf

I'll give you the synopsis:

Good try. No prize.
I believe I said IDENTICLE. meaning same inductance. Also, Im sure you understand the concept of air as a medium. I have heard many different drivers, and I always find my ears give me the best answer. Myabe thats why SQ competitors mainly use 10's and 12's, eh?

hmm, yeah okay, so your vehicle defies the laws of physics. You listen to music in an air vacuum. If 2 identicle drivers had different cone areas, the larger one would not be able to move as fast as the smaller one. This is the basic concept of having tweeters, mids and subwoofers.
i'm not sure why you are trying to prove an engineer (wiggins) wrong on the topic that is his life.

i'm not sure why you are trying to prove an engineer (wiggins) wrong on the topic that is his life.
I wish he'd post this to SIN, so MC Wiggles could come and some serious pwning will take place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wish he'd post this to SIN, so MC Wiggles could come and some serious pwning will take place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i'm up for some mackenzie pt. III as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.