Not hitting higher notes

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fabian12

CarAudio.com Recruit
System: SIA 3500D , Zv.5 15 , 320amp alt , big 3 with 1/0 gauge , and one run of 2/0 ofc from front battery(50AH) to rear battery (112AH), then to ground & amplifier.
head unit is a semi cheap $200 boss unit, few years old. Enclosure is ~7 cu ft ported.

I upgraded off 2 Skar EVL 15s. the box they were in was way too small, but I was able to hit lows and those crisp higher notes (quick hard punch is the best way I can describe it) that doesnt trail off.
Now Im working with this zv5 15 in a proper sized ported box tuned to 32Hz. The lows are very nice and deep, but on songs I used to be able to get a very satisfying punch on high volume, sounds very weak on the new sub.

does this sound like a tuning issue or is this just the downside of having a large sub tuned low?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...