Half ohm...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
Ordering my subs tomorrow... Need input on weather I should run at 1 ohm or .5 for daily. I'd really like to run at .5 but idk I need some input.

Alternator- stock 140a

Batteries- front will be upgraded idk what yet tho. Kinetik hc2000 in the back.

Big 3 done in 1/0.

Amp- incriminator 20.1 most likely with dual inputs, in 1/0

you gotta choose between more power vs more efficiency/current draw i guess
Yeah I'm in a pickle... I mean I got the amp super cheap so if it breaks somehow it won't be a huge loss and I could always get a zx2500 to replace it

Yeah I'm in a pickle... I mean I got the amp super cheap so if it breaks somehow it won't be a huge loss and I could always get a zx2500 to replace it
anyway you can get loaner subs to calculate box rise b4 you take the plunge....that might make it easier to decide

edit: assuming u have a box already

anyway you can get loaner subs to calculate box rise b4 you take the plunge....that might make it easier to decide
edit: assuming u have a box already
Nope not ATM... Just gonna have to gamble. If it wasn't the IA 20.1 I wouldn't even be considering running at .5 but from what it sounds like these amps can be ran at ridiculously low ohm loads. And are quite efficient

In a daily setup, doubt you will notice a difference from one to the other, after rise you will be above both anyway so just pick which ever makes ur pen!s tickle

In a daily setup, doubt you will notice a difference from one to the other, after rise you will be above both anyway so just pick which ever makes ur pen!s tickle
Well half sounds better to me lol. I just don't want to be wired to 1 ohm and be left wondering what if... Ya know?

Prolly should. But then again. Btw how do you like those ia comps in your sig?
I just have the tweet hooked up now, but I'm very pleased with them. I'm waiting for warm weather to build door pods for the 6.5's. You do have to watch how much power you give them. ( not get stupid, like i sometimes do). I haven't heard any higher end comps, but compared to the other ones ive had thesedo sound the best. Especially for 120$ new.

I just have the tweet hooked up now, but I'm very pleased with them. I'm waiting for warm weather to build door pods for the 6.5's. You do have to watch how much power you give them. ( not get stupid, like i sometimes do). I haven't heard any higher end comps, but compared to the other ones ive had thesedo sound the best. Especially for 120$ new.
Nice! I almost bought them but figured I'd want more so I ended up with some cdt stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.