RCA Wiring Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

DetroitSteel88
10+ year member

Phoenix
Okay, here is my dilemma:

I have an old DXZ855mp I am going to have installed along with all my other goodies, and I remembered that this head unit has the option for auxiliary input - via RCA cables, so I was like "sweeet!"

But, taking a closer look at it, there are only 3 sets of RCA's on the back of the unit.

I cannot find a new harness anywhere, so the "easy" solution is dead for now.

I have a custom 12" zv2 (done by SPLaudio) and an Autotek 1500 that will be using up one set.

I have one set that will hopefully be used by the Mp3 player....

Then, I have MB Quart components and rockford coaxials that need a set to be powered by an Alpine Amp.

Clearly, there is a set missing. I just hope it's not the AUX input set, because

I have: A long pair GREY in color (red, white, and black wires going into the connector)

A long pair BLACK in color (red, white, and black wires going into the connector)

and a short pair RED in color (TWO black wires, red, and white going into the connector - 4 total)

If I need any additional parts/accessories, I want to get them NOW before I drop the car off for install.

And no, the manual does not help - I have read it.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

2013-02-05220434_zps432ea43e.jpg

sometimes changer inputs can be adapted to be aux inputs.
Well, my question is - i THINK I have done enough research to realize this: the RED is the Aux input...the BLACK is rear, and GREY is front. Seeing as how I need a set for the sub (I will use the black set for that), what is the BEST way to use the GREY set on the 4 channel alpine? And yes, I realize I will lose the ability to use the "fade", however, will it effect anything else?

And, what is the best way to do this? RCA splitters?

The 4channel is the Alpine F300 - it says it has 4/3/2 channel input option.

What is my best option?

Utilizing the OUTPUT on the F300 and run a set to the Autotek 1500?

Or Splitting them?

This is just temporary - I will find a harness sooner or later and have it hooked properly.

Thanks,

Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.