guy has orion xtr pro 15 2cf ported box on a kicker 300.1 lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
saw guy at wifes job was talking to him about his big ram truck., told him some guys on here had big trucks like that with subs under seat he said i got a 15 i said show me.. best part is he has a 1" round port on top of box and it was covered up by crap in backseat.. had to drive wife to bank with store $ + it cold and sleeting so couldn't talk to him long but he made the box yet he asked me "what does the port do" lol.. i just texted him told him be better off with a 12 but with box that size if he must keep the 15 he should just close that port and make it sealed cause box not big enough anyway can't afford space for bigger port and that he needs bigger box with bigger port and bigger amp.. i played mine for 1 min he said all that is from 1 12?, i said yeah with 4x the power and proper box yours could be louder.. just thought it was funny wish i had pic of that port it was sad..

have him cover the port hole, fire the subs to the rear or to the passenger side and he should gain.

Good thing he's a newbie... when gramps is louder than you, thats when its a sad story.
i was louder than his 15" with my crossfire 602 at 8ohm with my orion hp 12 prefab.. also he has cummins diesel engine and needs 1k to hear over motor lol.. we been texting, i told him to pull port close it off and think about getting a 12", putting baffle on front of box to cut for 12 and a 600-1k amp.. 12 be better with his airspace..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BOOMINGRANDPA

5,000+ posts
WOLFRAM FTW
BOOMINGRANDPA
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date