Grounding secondary battery

jrdnhsnbrg
10+ year member

Pimped my grandma's ride
Hey guys, it's me again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Over Christmas break I will be finally getting to some major electrical upgrades to my system. I plan on installing the Big 3 and running positive and negative wires from my front battery to my rear battery, all SHCA 1/0. After doing this, will I need to (or rather should I) ground the rear battery to the chassis in addition to the ground from the front battery? If so, why? I know my fair share about electrical systems in cars but I'm just not sure about this question for some reason.

if it isn't then find a spot closes to the battery to ground it....perferably a spot with the thickest metal....i driled a hole and used a bolt with washers..i had to have a buddy help me tighten it from under the truck....i dont trust useing screws for grounds myself.

if it isn't then find a spot closes to the battery to ground it....perferably a spot with the thickest metal....i driled a hole and used a bolt with washers..i had to have a buddy help me tighten it from under the truck....i dont trust useing screws for grounds myself.
I know how to make a proper ground, I'm just not sure if I will have to use a chassis ground after connecting both positive and ground with 0ga.

[quote name='mylows10']Cool my saz 5000 will be here tomorrow. The vfl is coming out and being shipped back east sold it on Tuesday[/QUOTE]

Sweet, will be shipping the 4480 out to @joeybutts ; tomorrow :)

Cool hope you got a good price for the 4480
I'm not quite breaking even but it would have probably gone for much less on Craigslist, Joey paid me a little more than we agreed on cuz he's a great guy like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.