Is it necessary?

Participant count
  • Participant list

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hey Guys, I would like to know what is your experienced opinion on this.

As you know I have (stated on my signature), and I want to know:

1- Do I really need to add another battery in the trunk besides the xs power battery D3100 I already have installed in the trunk? , Why?

2- If yes in question#:1, How exactly is it recommended for me to connect it?

3- Do I need something else?

Thank you.

yes second batt in the rear, as close as possible to the crescendo amp, run 0 gauge from pos front batt to a pos on rear batt (fusing at both ends) earth the rear batt to the body as close as possible to the batt. also check and make sure your alt is upto scratch... you may need to upgrade it. do a search on the BIG 3 in this forum, this is what you need todo.

I'm asking because I bought the big Crescendo battery on black Friday, and now that I have it, I'm hesitating to install it, and thinking if I really need to add it.

All true 3500 watt rms amps need an extra battery usually is recommended by the manufacturer
I understand, but please read my signature. I already have a battery in the trunk, I'm asking if I really need to add another one besides the xs batt I already have installed in the trunk? , Why?

I understand, but please read my signature. I already have a battery in the trunk, I'm asking if I really need to add another one besides the xs batt I already have installed in the trunk? , Why?
Dump the acid battery you shouldn't mix battery types anyway and install one of the agm batts up there. Or get an isolater between the front and back batts and install the other one

Dump the acid battery you shouldn't mix battery types anyway and install one of the agm batts up there. Or get an isolater between the front and back batts and install the other one
I already have an battery isolator installed. And you are saying that I definitely need to add the crescendo battery also? I should have a total of 3 batteries installed, 2 in the trunk and 1 in front for the engine?

WAIT WHAT! crescendo = your amp isn't it? you keep referring to the crescendo as your batt.......... confused
I have a Crescendo BC3500 amp. I already have a xs power d3100 battery in the trunk. I'm asking if, I really need to add another battery(which will be a new big Crescendo battery) besides the xs batt I already have installed in the trunk? , Why?

don't mix batterys, the stronger of the two batts will kill the weaker one, you also wont get any type of warrenty with that. get another d3100 batt and ditch the acid batt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.