Grounding questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
Should my amp, and hu grounds be connected together via cable and then to the battery? Right now I have my amp grounded to the passenger seat stud and the hu is grounded to the factory ground screw behind hu. Should I run a cable from the amp to the ground screw behind the hu and then to the negative side of the battery? Ive done the big 4 and have 0 gauge welding cable from alternator case to engine block to neg bat and a 0 gauge from alt + to pos bat and then to amp +. If I did tie all the grounds together would that help my amp voltage or cause ground loop whining?

nope keep the headunit grounded to the sheetmetal behind it, and if anything just run a 0 gauge wire from the amp to the battery negative terminal.

small loads like a headunit or amplifier that pull less than 100a really dont need dedicated ground runs or connections like you're talking about 99% of the time

The amp is mounted under the passenger seat so the hu is on the way from the battery to the amp. Would it hurt anything or is it just not needed but still might help a teeny tiny bit?

I just started a build log and I hope everyone will come check it out. I have a few threads going, but they all pertain to my build. I have a link in the signature.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.