Great Info on Gain/phase matching and why strapping ***** donkey balls

Wow, nice find Jeff. A little hard to understand sometimes due to accent and background noise but def informative and like how he demo's also. Explains things clearly. We need him on this forum lol

my whole car audio life has been a lie I wonder how many deebeez i've lost over the years. I'm trying to figure out how to do 4 D1 subs in series with this method... pretty sure this wont work but idk.... hopefully he responds to the comments.

SesJwk.jpg

So if your amps don’t have a phase knob, then i’m guessing you’re out of luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yup. best you could do is power match, you'll still be losing out several tenths of a db and several dbs where you might have cancellation. My buddy just rewired his amps and said his overall loudness improved slightly audibly, havent metered yet, but he said his 55+ hz response improved along with his subs reaching to 22 hz vs 24. Overall said the bass sounds a lot more cleaner.

I really want to do my setup ugggh.

Now I know why some amps have phase knobs...often wondered what they were for. Pretty handy to have, esp if one is running same exact amps as the guy said.

yup. best you could do is power match, you'll still be losing out several tenths of a db and several dbs where you might have cancellation. My buddy just rewired his amps and said his overall loudness improved a slightly audibly, havent metered yet, but he said his 55+ hz response improved along with his subs reaching to 22 hz vs 24. Overall said the bass sounds a lot more cleaner.
I really want to do my setup ugggh.
Your set up would be a perfect example....but dat rewiring doe! I know...can be a pita.

my whole car audio life has been a lie I wonder how many deebeez i've lost over the years. I'm trying to figure out how to do 4 D1 subs in series with this method... pretty sure this wont work but idk.... hopefully he responds to the comments.
SesJwk.jpg
From the way the diagram looks in the vid, all the + go with the + on each side and same for -. On your diagram it looks like 2 of them are flipped on each side. Even tho his example is D4 and yours is D1 but the wiring should be the same shouldn’t it? Or were you trying to wire it even lower ohm load?

From the way the diagram looks in the vid, all the + go with the + on each side and same for -. On your diagram it looks like 2 of them are flipped on each side. Even tho his example is D4 and yours is D1 but the wiring should be the same shouldn’t it? Or were you trying to wire it even lower ohm load?
If i did it the same as he did, i'll be at a quarter ohm load.

If i did it the same as he did, i'll be at a quarter ohm load.
Run it!! Lol **** hope that guy replies. This is like ground breaking news for anyone running multiple amps. Everyone competing or trying to get louder should be doing this. We need all configurations of this method laid out for everyone to see. Big game changer.

Run it!! Lol **** hope that guy replies. This is like ground breaking news for anyone running multiple amps. Everyone competing or trying to get louder should be doing this. We need all configurations of this method laid out for everyone to see. Big game changer.
I think this has been done before and not something new.....but how many people actually follow this??!! I knew someone long ago that ran 2 DD 9515's, 1 set of coils per amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.