Grand Marquis questions..

I got an 01 grand marquis, only system I have that will be loud is a 15" kicker L7 in a 6 cu ft ported box. Im running a 1200.1 JBL GTO amp. Its louder in other cars, but In the grand marquis its loudest system any people I've meet have ever heard. Person I know has a louder system, same set up, just in a blazer. I've had many systems in my grand marquism but the kicker in big box will be pleantly loud:up2somet:

heres a pic of my car

2321622_4_full.jpg

I have a 94 and I put 2 10" eclipse allum sealed and it was quiter then my friends single sealed 10" comp cv kicker in his transam..... was kinda depressing.. there great cars but I just bought a truck..

I am ditchin the L7s and gettin 2 15" Power Acoustics (ones in the classifides). Should wang pretty good.
No stay with the L7's!! They will get loud with the right box and amp. I have a Lexus LS400 with the gas tank in the trunk and a steel wall in front of it, with two 15's and a 1000 watt rms amp and it shakes everything. All I did was take out the rear deck speaker and some of the foam behind the seat.

Eh, the 15s will be better for me, I cant afford the power needed for the L7s, and the 15s should get low, and I plan on building a SPL box for it, Im gonna put them on about 1200 RMS total. No deck speakers,gutted deck, gutted seat, port through the armest and deck.

I have a 01 Taurus and i took out the rear fill and some of the padding behind the rear seat and that stupid metal plate thing behind the rear seats, that was a b-itch to unscrew then now all the bass goes through the seats since that metal thing isn't there anymore and through the rear deck and into the cabin, noticed an increase in 10 decibals, glad i decided to do that one weekend it paid off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

the main problem with the grand marquis is the vertical gas tank... The gas tank creates a barrier about 1/2-3/4 of the rear seats and well you could imagine sound has a hard time going threw a gas tank...

Is that why the trunk has that big "drop off"? The gas tank is in there? That *****. What if I port through the armrest? Would that also make a big difference? Worth cuttin up my seat?

i have a 98 marquis and it ***** balls..I took out the padding behind the rear seat and didnt notice any gain. It's very diffacult to get these loud, ask blados, he had 2 15" xxx' s i beleive and i think he was dissapointed...He had a crown vic...

i temp put my 3 12' r's in my back seat and alittle poo came out my bumhole..I now put them in the trunk for the first time and i'd say it sounds like sh!t

best of luck

Is that why the trunk has that big "drop off"? The gas tank is in there? That *****. What if I port through the armrest? Would that also make a big difference? Worth cuttin up my seat?
yes, the slope under the rear deck is the gas tank...i beleive theres about 1/4" from sheet metal to explosion

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

seriously u only need 1 15" L7 with 1200 watts in a 6 cu ft box. facing upward. Thats how i solved my problem, u don't need to remove any padding. My system would hit harder in another car but it is pleantly loud, and thats an understatment. U just have to use the space you have becuase not 2 12" in a sealed box are gonna do ****, u need a serious sub in and great box with pleantly of power and make sure it is facing upward, for some reason its louder.

Well i HAVE a 6 cube box ported at 34hz I was gonna use for the 2 12" L7s, the guy backed out on the 15s, so you think I should juss try to get 1 15" L7? How loud was your car inside?

The 2 12" L7, may work, but I had the same problem with sound with other set ups. But with the 15" L7 6 cuft ported w/ 1200 watts works. It flexes the roof on some songs, which is hard to do in that car. Make sure you face the box upward though, it is significantly louder with the sub facing up and down. That set up slams, louder than others in hatches or anything, you have to go overkill in the grand marquis, that way when u loose sound, it don't matter becuase you save your hearing anyway and its pleantly loud.

A comparision is my set up in blazer, blazer is slightly louder. Just build the box right, set settings correctly, get good amp and you'll be set. i can give u my box demintions if that will help?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.