Got a ticket today for music... Any1 else? How much was it?

lol, at least you didn't get nailed for truancy. thats a $350 ticket down here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
ya...they just passed a new law here that says if you're under 18 and out of school on public property between 8 and 3, then you can get a 1000 dollar fine/jail time hahahaha.

but ya i once had a cop come out of a convenience store and drive over to my truck and tell me that he appreciated "loud ass systems", but not to play them with your windows down, because it was rude and inconsiderate.

it is rediculous that people have to complain about music, if it is in a neighborhood then i can see there point. But having restrictions on the music in your own car is just totally wrong. We have an ordinance here for 50 feet.

You repeat offenders are idiots, or just have more money than brains.

I'm as opposed to people blasting their **** all over town as the next guy,

but the excessive fine's y'all are talking about are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

If you want people to respect you -- take this **** to court, especially if you're of voting age (you might have to have a parent involved if you're not). Do some research on fines for running stoplights or stop signs or speeding, and present the case that if a person can roll through a stop sign - a potentially deadly mistake - and be fined a couple hundred bux (maybe less), but I can listen to my music at a higher volume than certain people would like and have to pay close to the same or more...is that reasonable??

There should at least be a required warning for something this trivial. Tell them you don't recognize how loud it is 50' away. Now you know, ask for the fine to be waived.

It shouldn't be hard to get this type of fine reduced.

Hell, people can total a car while they're plowed and get out of half the "recommended" fines.

And MAKING YOU TAKE YOUR GEAR OUT OF YOUR CAR?!?!?! FUUUUUUUUCK THAT! There is no way you can be made to give up personal property that isn't hurting anyone, or anything.

To be fined $150 for that is horse **** and someone needs to stand up and say it.

The cops that simply pull up and say, "yo dipshit, turn it down a little," are the only ones using some common sense.

The only reason CA enthusiasts get pushed around on this is because we let it happen. Stand up to an idiot politicain. Get your parents involved. You're not breaking anything, or stealing anything, or trying to sell crack to kids on the street corner (are you?). You just like loud music. What detriment is that to the community?

If it is illegal for a sound system to be heard at 50' -- EVERY harley should be ticketed EVERY time it is started. EVERY car/truck with aftermarket exhaust should be ticketed...etc.

RIDICULOUS.

We're an easy target and we don't fight back. Plain and simple.

/rant

You repeat offenders are idiots, or just have more money than brains.
I'm as opposed to people blasting their **** all over town as the next guy,

but the excessive fine's y'all are talking about are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

If you want people to respect you -- take this **** to court, especially if you're of voting age (you might have to have a parent involved if you're not). Do some research on fines for running stoplights or stop signs or speeding, and present the case that if a person can roll through a stop sign - a potentially deadly mistake - and be fined a couple hundred bux (maybe less), but I can listen to my music at a higher volume than certain people would like and have to pay close to the same or more...is that reasonable??

There should at least be a required warning for something this trivial. Tell them you don't recognize how loud it is 50' away. Now you know, ask for the fine to be waived.

It shouldn't be hard to get this type of fine reduced.

Hell, people can total a car while they're plowed and get out of half the "recommended" fines.

And MAKING YOU TAKE YOUR GEAR OUT OF YOUR CAR?!?!?! FUUUUUUUUCK THAT! There is no way you can be made to give up personal property that isn't hurting anyone, or anything.

To be fined $150 for that is horse **** and someone needs to stand up and say it.

The cops that simply pull up and say, "yo dipshit, turn it down a little," are the only ones using some common sense.

The only reason CA enthusiasts get pushed around on this is because we let it happen. Stand up to an idiot politicain. Get your parents involved. You're not breaking anything, or stealing anything, or trying to sell crack to kids on the street corner (are you?). You just like loud music. What detriment is that to the community?

If it is illegal for a sound system to be heard at 50' -- EVERY harley should be ticketed EVERY time it is started. EVERY car/truck with aftermarket exhaust should be ticketed...etc.

RIDICULOUS.

We're an easy target and we don't fight back. Plain and simple.

/rant
try that w/ DTPs.

College town FTW

Cops dont give a **** here. They exceed their quota every month through alcohol related tickets, so theres not much to worry about here if yer responsible.

Shoot, i drive 10 over the speed limit FREQUENTLY, and all they do is flash their lights on and off at you.

Before i came to college, i had a close call though. Got pulled over, but i turned the bass setting off on the HU so it sounded like nothing was bumping when the cop came up to my vehicle. Sssoooo, instead, he gave me a warning for not having fender flares/mudflaps on my ride (old lifted explorer)

I guess im lucky.

Got a few tickets, had 3 ppl go in and file written reports on me, small town, you know how people are. supposably i was knocking glass ornaments off the shelves in the local drug store. got a ticket for $25 next offense is $300. had a few previous ones but not anything important. guy made a complaint about me, he lives 50 yards or so from a railroad crossing, hes happy they finally caught me i'm sure. We probably wouldn't have so much trouble if people weren't irresponsible and keep that **** on at stoplights. I even hate it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

I have to say, judging by the typical attitudes of the younger members here, can't say I'm really against it...

Yes, I would like to see equal enforcement. Will I lose sleep over the fact that ignorant rap-playing teenagers are such an easy target? Nope.

it is rediculous that people have to complain about music, if it is in a neighborhood then i can see there point. But having restrictions on the music in your own car is just totally wrong. We have an ordinance here for 50 feet.
You do understand that if it can be heard 50' away then the sound is NOT just in your car...

my cousin got a $250 ticket a few months back for "disturbing the peace" even though he had his windows up cops surrounded him at a stop light. said he had 11 complaints across a 2 mile strip. good thing he wasnt high at the time. He is using 5500 watts on 4 15's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wccoug21

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
wccoug21
Bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date