Got a question you don't hear often (at all?)

Brutus2600
10+ year member

Cleburne
Believe it or not i'm not going to ask how to stop rattling in a trunk, or what you think of my system blah blah blah :p Anyway, driving down the road with my music turned up, the bass rattles my rearview mirror. It kinda blurs everything in it, so I really can't see, has anybody else had this problem and have you been able to fix it? Yeah I could turn down the music, but what's the fun in that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif hehe

lots of people suffer from this disease. i call it "rear view mirror shaking syndrome".

i think there's a lil screw in the mirror you can tighten, so it movees less. some cars rattle LOTS, other mirros aren't SO bad, but if you can't find a screw or bolt, then you're SOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yea i think yer **** out of luck on that one if yer system rattles it that bad just turn and look that prolly yer easiest bet. but maybe hang some dynamat from it or somthin

just get the bolt tightened... most are connected using some kind of screw etc to teh piece that conencts to teh glass, and it shoudl ALWAYS be accesible...

you will likely enver get it solved completely... it was really bad for me, and it was making noise so i got it tightened, no bigie...

unfortunately due to teh nature of sound... (air vibrations....) it will always cause that to happen when tehre is somethign that isnt absolutely stable...

heck, my outside mirrors vibrate when teh bass comes! lol.

Nothing you can do. Try turning around or looking out the side mirrors. Mine rattled the screw loose then broke the seal of glue they had on it. After that I was screwed. Every time I turned my stereo up it rattled right off within 20-30 seconds, so I had to take it off or hold it, so feel lucky if it stays on there.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah I'd say anyone who has even a decent system will have to deal with that. Although placement of the subs can help due to vibration displacement. Other than that your best bet would be to tough it out.

Eh, it's not really annoying so I can stand it, but I was just curious if there was an easy fix I didn't know about because I really haven't read about this problem before. Thanks for the help even if there's nothing to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If your going to tighten the screw, be careful, the metal piece that is on the glass is only glued on and could come off from over tightening.

I took a piece of napkin and rolled it and wedged it in between the mirror and the roof. Didn't completly stop it but made it a lot better.

lol, with my new subs I cant even look in my side view mirrors, they almost shake as much as the rear view //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

adding weight in the form of lead fishing OR steel shot will alter it resonate freq to a lower causing it to not effect the mirror as much. As far as how you add it --is up to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Brutus2600

10+ year member
Brutus2600
Cleburne
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from