Got a mechMan alt for my Silverado SS pics/install

Rusty...WCA
10+ year member

Subwoofer Builder
So I need some more power, I did my research and decided to go with Mechman, Called him up and can start by saying his customer service was top notch, hes very friendly and easy to talk to, answered every question I had for him. Heres some photos of the install. It was very straight forward and easy to install, I give the service and product a A+ and would reccomend it to anyone. Yes I know its dirty under the hood but I had no time to clean it so on with the photos =]

Stock Alt

photo1.jpg

removed the plastic engine cover

photo3.jpg

Pulled the OEM Alt

photo4.jpg

moved a couple things and the re-install starts

photo5.jpg

another shot

photo6.jpg

all back together

photo7.jpg

and the test

Once again I couldent be happier with the ease of installation and outcome.

Thanks agin MECHMAN!!

Sexy! Looks like your install was easy, and it looks like your belts actually wrap around the pulleys making slipping a non issue!

I have a question for you though...is that mechman alt from a previous setup and you just had him make you bracket for a dual alt setup???

It looks great!

--edit--

Just watched your video...I'm pretty jealous! Seems your install was easy and quick. You voltage is only .5 lower than mine, but that doesn't matter. Nice setup!

No the Mechman was new, I called him up and asked what my options were, basically I could replace my OEM, or add a mechman to the current set up or do dual mechmans so i figured i would just add a mechman and if thats not enough i will get another one and replace the OEM alt as well

Lemme know what amperage you got and if your lights are dimming still.

I got the 200 amp one, and my lights dim when the bass hits hard. I have a yellow top under the hood.

Lemme know what amperage you got and if your lights are dimming still.
I got the 200 amp one, and my lights dim when the bass hits hard. I have a yellow top under the hood.
How many total rms watts are your amps, and what is the alternator amperage rated to do at idle?

Adding an HO alt will not totally eliminate voltage drop if the current demand from the amps is still higher than when the alt produces at any given rpm.

Install and equipment looks great Rusty. I was thinking of going with Mechman or DC power myself.

Oh my amps total more than the 200 amp alternator. Just figured that the HO alt coupled with the yellow top would pretty much eliminate it! Guess not. My amps are a Brutus bxi2010d and some 400watt (class a/b) pioneer 4ch amp. Those two are 240amps (I'm sure they aren't pulling that ALL THE TIME, lol).

Mechman seems like he's been around for a while, so that's why I went with him. After purchasing the alt it arrived only 5 days later!!! The alternator is brand new, and it comes with everything you need (except the 1/0 wire and new belt!!!). Make sure you're ready for a challenge, though, if your alt is in a hard to reach place and your belt doesn't have great contact with the alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Rusty...WCA

10+ year member
Subwoofer Builder
Rusty...WCA
west coast
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date