good first setup for less than $500 subs

sub up, go in from the inside not trunk. but your right. a single 12 or 2 tens are probably as good as he'll get.
but if he wants to be "heard" from across a parking lot or whatever tune high. in the 40s high. im tuned to 35 and inside mmy car yea its low and "loud" to forum and competition standards but you cant hear my bass from more that 4 ft away from my car.

Idk about tuning high. I can hear my buddy coming from 6blocks away easy smashing 28hz and lower because that's all he plays. Shakes **** in my house. I feel like lows travel more then high notes.

My wife's car has two pioneer 12s spl3000s on a Memphis 1000d and I can hear her coming from acouple blocks away. It ain't hard to be heard from across a parking lot

idk but wiht my last 4 setups i cant hear my car from more than a few feet away, my friends with prefabs and kickers i can hear from blocks away. sure in the car nothings moving or flexing but fuck its loud in there and irritating. and my car i got my windows moving and steering wheel moving from the lows but as i said i step out and there practically nothing playing. idk what it is

idk but wiht my last 4 setups i cant hear my car from more than a few feet away, my friends with prefabs and kickers i can hear from blocks away. sure in the car nothings moving or flexing but fuck its loud in there and irritating. and my car i got my windows moving and steering wheel moving from the lows but as i said i step out and there practically nothing playing. idk what it is
I feel the same way with my setup, ppl can hear it maybe a block but I think that's my mids and not the bass, when I had a higher tuned box, it would set car alarms off half a block away. Not now

I feel the same way with my setup, ppl can hear it maybe a block but I think that's my mids and not the bass, when I had a higher tuned box, it would set car alarms off half a block away. Not now
Exactly, my friends prefabs and kickers set car alarms off like crazy i dont at all

Id go 2 12's cant beat 24 inches of surface area vs 20 from two 10s and I doubt you can fit two 15's in a mustang and who would want to lol. 2 12's is always a good setup
Yet another nood who posts incorrect info on here which makes others believe it... Do OP a favor and if you don't know what you're talking about don't post

That chart is not correct ^^ those are just surface areas of circles. Subwoofer cone area depends on the surround/cone size. A ZV3 12 would have more cone area then a ZV4 12 for example.

That chart is not correct ^^ those are just surface areas of circles. Subwoofer cone area depends on the surround/cone size. A ZV3 12 would have more cone area then a ZV4 12 for example.
It's general. You can't make a chart with the Sd of every sub..

It's better than adding two 12's to get a 24.. lol

but if he wants to be "heard" from across a parking lot or whatever tune high. in the 40s high. im tuned to 35 and inside mmy car yea its low and "loud" to forum and competition standards but you cant hear my bass from more that 4 ft away from my car.
did you roll down all your windows?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.