Good crimping set?

Jacobman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I will be getting a paycheck next week and want to buy a good crimping set with some heads or caps or whatever. I know this has been said but i cant find the thread again, where can i buy kicker 1/0 wire? I am wanting to do the big 3 upgrade but lack wire and crimpers, lol. Plz give me a good combo!!

I will be getting a paycheck next week and want to buy a good crimping set with some heads or caps or whatever. I know this has been said but i cant find the thread again, where can i buy kicker 1/0 wire? I am wanting to do the big 3 upgrade but lack wire and crimpers, lol. Plz give me a good combo!!
Only place i know where you can get the kicker it is http://www.sonicelectronix.com

I crimp with a big slotted screwdriver and a hammer.

Works great and i didnt waste money on a crimper

Thanks, now i dont have to wast $5 a foot+crimpers. But where can i get the big enough ends for the 1/0 wire?

Is this the stuff you guys are talking about, "1/0 Weld Cable Black", also would it be worth it for the "1/O Weld Cable UltraFlex Orange". Does it make a difference with the ultraflex orange?

I always use set screw terminals for 0/1 gauge, not so much for looks, but cause they're reusable.

It's nice not having to track down more 0 gauge terminals next time you want to switch something around, they're hard to find...

For smaller stuff, i use a ratcheting crimp tool from autozone, that thing is AWESOME!

It double crimps, and i've never had one too tight where it cuts the wire,and never had one fall off since i've been using it. Doesn't have a built in stripper, tho, kind of a pain to carry around two tools when you're doing a big job.

does weldingsupply have the insulation that audio wire needs tho?
Welding wire is the best. It is the thickest in most cases, well insulated as it is used for industrial welders, and it has many thin wires which makes it more flexible as well as more area for the current to travel over.

Kicker wire can be bought at any Kicker dealer. To find one, visit Kicker.com and user the dealer locater. It'll also show you online dealers.

You aren't just buying the name, you are buying hyper flex Kicker cable.

I always use set screw terminals for 0/1 gauge, not so much for looks, but cause they're reusable.
It's nice not having to track down more 0 gauge terminals next time you want to switch something around, they're hard to find...

For smaller stuff, i use a ratcheting crimp tool from autozone, that thing is AWESOME!

It double crimps, and i've never had one too tight where it cuts the wire,and never had one fall off since i've been using it. Doesn't have a built in stripper, tho, kind of a pain to carry around two tools when you're doing a big job.
Or buy a pack of 50 off ebay like I did.

Welding wire is the best. It is the thickest in most cases, well insulated as it is used for industrial welders, and it has many thin wires which makes it more flexible as well as more area for the current to travel over.

is it better than stinger?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.