Good 3-ways or comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPLguy420
10+ year member

Pimp
michigan
ok i know i been posting a few about this topic but previous ones were for a friend, now i have decided to boost my mids and highs (from stcok).

ok i have a kenwood ps100 amplfiier laying around to power em.

specs are

50rms x 2 @ 4 ohms

150rms x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged

75rms x 2 @ 2 ohms

i have a pioneer 1400 HU (cheap)

and i have a 50$ gift certiiacte for ebay, and i will add another $50 or so. so i have about 100$ shipped to spend. but it has to be from ebay.

i was thinking about putting some 3-ways in boxes in back, or putting some comps in door. its going in a 92 bonneville.

What would be the best option to get with my setup? thanks alot

i was thinking about putting some 3-ways in boxes in back, or putting some comps in door. its going in a 92 bonneville.What would be the best option to get with my setup? thanks alot
3 ways in boxes in the back would totally ruin ur imaging and soundstage. comps in the doors would be better.

i was going to go with the mtx's but i think ill go with alpine, and would it sound good with mids in back window and tweeters in door? im really new to all this so i dunnno thanks.

ur image is gonna be totally retarded. u have to remember that midbass is directional, so u want ur mids up front and on axis as possible (although most comps perform just fine in stock positions).

Skip the back fill. you seem like you want good sound yet all of the ideas so far will negatviely effect that. take the money you were going to spend on the rear fill and the cheap comps and get some really good ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.