Going full active with my Alpine PXA-H800 DSP

Because you are an idiot and made it difficult.
Can't handle my design criteria, eh? NSTALN did, and I think it's a good plan, Just run the sub around the DSP and use the eight DSP channels for the eight amped circuits to their various speakers, four 6x9s for the 100W PDX-V9 and PDR-V75 75W x 4 for the PHD comps! And it's basically exactly what I was gonna do for full active EQ anyway, but I was unsure about what to do with the subwoofer signals and NSTALN said to just route RCAs from the HU subwoofer outputs to the PDX-V9 subwoofer channels! Perfect!

I'm still gonna see Tim of Custom Sounds to see if he can get better sound out of what I have installed now. He got something going to the PDR-V75 amp then to the PHD speakers but it sounds like crap right now. Now that I know the cut off problem is a low voltage cutoff because the alternator is not running.

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't handle my design criteria, eh? NSTALN did, and I think it's a good plan, Just run the sub around the DSP and use the eight DSP channels for the eight amped circuits to their various speakers, four 6x9s for the 100W PDX-V9 and PDR-V75 75W x 4 for the PHD comps! And it's basically exactly what I was gonna do for full active EQ anyway, but I was unsure about what to do with the subwoofer signals and NSTALN said to just route RCAs from the HU subwoofer outputs to the PDX-V9 subwoofer channels! Perfect!
I'm still gonna see Tim of Custom Sounds to see if he can get better sound out of what I have installed now. He got something going to the PDR-V75 amp then to the PHD speakers but it sounds like crap right now. Now that I know the cut off problem is a low voltage cutoff because the alternator is not running.

John Kuthe...
Must be a good plan, no one here is ripping me a new one about it! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Where are you planning to get the subwoofer input for the PDX V9? It sounds like you have 8 channels already tied up between your component set and 4 coaxials?
I'm gonna run the subwoofer RCAs straight from the HU to the V9 amp, bypassing the DSP. And yes the other 8 channels are all tied up! Perfect, I was struggling with this subwoofer thing and I think this is gonna WORK!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend using that other free 5th channel for an aura bass shaker or any other coupled resonator for your driver seat, especially with the sub in that location there will be sort of a dead zone

I recommend using that other free 5th channel for an aura bass shaker or any other coupled resonator for your driver seat, especially with the sub in that location there will be sort of a dead zone
Let me get what I have working before we start critiquing it!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
you are retarded. why are you here? y

you are retarded. why are you here? y
It's 1:06AM local time. I just got off a 10 hour work shift. I go on at 4PM tomorrow too. I'm eating a ham sandwich made on Panera (Saint Louis Bread Company in St Louis!) asiago cheese bagel with mayonnaise and you should consider yourself lucky that I'm giving you the proverbial time of day!

I'm gonna eat my sandwich now.

John Kuthe...

Keep wasting your money ******* that's all we can say to your level of retardedness. Prime example an Absolute idiot with decent gear and sh*t knowledge of proper installation techniques and tuning/system setup.

Keep wasting your money ******* that's all we can say to your level of retardedness. Prime example an Absolute idiot with decent gear and sh*t knowledge of proper installation techniques and tuning/system setup.
I like that I have some money to play with, and I'm GONNA! My money (as that is what most of you here are all about!), my mistakes, my FUN! I just have to get this DSP working to feed my amps, dammit!

John Kuthe...

I like that I have some money to play with, and I'm GONNA! My money (as that is what most of you here are all about!), my mistakes, my FUN! I just have to get this DSP working to feed my amps, dammit!
John Kuthe...
Most people here take their own money and learn to install for themselves and learn from their own mistakes.They do not disregard good advice and keep asking the same questions and getting answers and then disregard them.

Please quit asking and do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Heres the best piece of advice I can give you.... Put your lips over a shotgun and pull, it does not matter if its bird shot or a shell at that range.

I understand we all start some where, but you shouldn't be so arrogant and think you know everything.

You are nothing but a frog sitting at the bottom of a well, that has no idea to get to the top fyi.

John u seem to have an answer for everything... u ask peoples opinions and then say well I could do that but I don't want to and I'm gunna do it my own way.... THEN WHY THE FVCK ARE YOU ASKING US FOR HELP IF YOUR JUST GOING TO DO IT YOUR OWN WAY .
And this is what it all boils down to doesn't it?

OP asks for advice originally gets it, ignores it, and does his own thing, now he's already unhappy and wants to change everything.

This will be neverending like Alex's half arse builds being torn down within weeks of completion. At least JK is bright enough to not have to swap out all his equipment, but this is going to be a long and painful process.

OP asks for advice originally gets it, ignores it, and does his own thing, now he's already unhappy and wants to change everything.

This will be neverending like Alex's half arse builds being torn down within weeks of completion. At least JK is bright enough to not have to swap out all his equipment, but this is going to be a long and painful process.
at least alex does his own build. JK is bright enough to waste truckloads on telling shops and installers to do it the wrong way and keep paying them to continually do the wrong way till it gets to the point where labor costs more than his setup and if anything goes wrong, he will have no fking clue how to trouble shoot and will come back on here and disregard our advice again and waste more money on idiotic solutions. Its an eternal money wasting paradox.

I AM learning! From Caraudio.com. from my installer guy, etc. And I'm changing things as I do. Before I started hanging around Caraudio.com I didn't even know what sound deadening was, and now I've sound deadened Baby II pretty well with some apparently pretty good quality (and expensive!) sound deadening materials. Yes I began this project pretty much knowing what I was gonna want to do, using all this Alpine equipment, wiring strategies, etc. But this project's been changing/evolving the whole time it's been going. And I've been berated here for most every decision I've made on my own, whether it be for the equipment I've chosen, the vehicle I'm installing it in, and anything anyone can find to try and berate me. Like car audio is a hostile environment for a shoud system, this message board is a hostile environment for anyone NOT IN YOUR F U C K I N G CLUB! Not that I wanna be either!

But I am NOT in the habit of letting the bastards grind me down! So I'm still here, and the haters hate it and me as usual. Fine, I've been hated by better than everyone here! So as Davied Allen said "...p i s s off purchasers!"

And remember, I didn't come here asking "please tell me what to do and how to do it", I came here with my own plan and asked for specific advice about certain things which precipitated me being barraged with b u l l s h i t! And you denzines of Carardio'com can't stand that anyone not be your little sheep! It's the same old conflict:

John Kuthe...

You received ball busting for buying an overpriced set of components going into a very bad location and install. spending too much on custom rca's. buying a big stupid radiator fan, a dsp you cant install/setup/use. sub positioning. and 2 5 channel amps.

I think its all justified.

The hatred you get if from how you tout that your all educated and experienced in 2 aspects that your install revolves around ee/it, yet you cant seem to understand or put any of those principals to use. and the fact that you ignore all common sense tips you get.

all of it is very hilarious to most

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.