Going from 2 12s to one 18 in mustang

Drew04

Hey guys right now im running 2 12s in a ported box tuned to 34hz, about 1.7 for each sub in my 2004 mustang. the subs are in the trunk facing the rear.

RF T1500 bdcp @ 1ohm

Now my question is will going from my current setup to a walled 18 in my rear seats sound much better and pound the lows better with the same amount of power?

I will be buying a Fi Q18

Im thinking of going with a 6-7 cubic ft ported box for it does that sound right?

im going to be walling it and sealing it off and sound deadening my whole interior.

I guess my question is will this be worth it ? It will be my very first project

Building a full wall for a single 18 seems kind of pointless, but to each his own. Maybe 2 18s, or 4 12s if it were me.

Hey guys right now im running 2 12s in a ported box tuned to 34hz, about 1.7 for each sub in my 2004 mustang. the subs are in the trunk facing the rear.RF T1500 bdcp @ 1ohm

Now my question is will going from my current setup to a walled 18 in my rear seats sound much better and pound the lows better with the same amount of power?

I will be buying a Fi Q18

Im thinking of going with a 6-7 cubic ft ported box for it does that sound right?

im going to be walling it and sealing it off and sound deadening my whole interior.

I guess my question is will this be worth it ? It will be my very first project
You would probably be a lot better off just stickin to the 12's. Depends on what 12's ur runnin though

Just picture the 2 12's as 1 24 vs 1 18

You would probably be a lot better off just stickin to the 12's. Depends on what 12's ur runnin thoughJust picture the 2 12's as 1 24 vs 1 18
Uh, no.

Cone areas of:

2 12's: ~225 sq. in.

1 18: ~255 sq. in.

1 24: ~450 sq. in.

As cone diameter increases, cone area increases exponentially.

Uh, no. Cone areas of:

2 12's: ~225 sq. in.

1 18: ~255 sq. in.

1 24: ~450 sq. in.

As cone diameter increases, cone area increases exponentially.
Don't question him he obviously knows how to count //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Hey guys i have 2 12 RE audio sxx but the problem is they just dont get as loud or clean as i would like all i hear is rattle rattle rattle from my trunk.

Now with the 18 my goal is to have much louder cleaner deeper lower bass.

How big of a box do you guys think i would need for a fi q 18 ?

Personally, I'd go for like 4 or 6 monstrous 12's or 2 18's. One or the other. 6 12's will have more cone area than 2 18's, 5 12's is almost the same cone area as 2 18's. Cone area alone doesn't determine loudness. You gotta have a good box built to the specs of the subs to back it up, and a strong electrical system. What are you thinking about for subs? Amps? Electrical?

Hey guys i have 2 12 RE audio sxx but the problem is they just dont get as loud or clean as i would like all i hear is rattle rattle rattle from my trunk.Now with the 18 my goal is to have much louder cleaner deeper lower bass.

How big of a box do you guys think i would need for a fi q 18 ?
That rattle means you need to get your hands on a lot of sound deadener and seal off the whole car. Doors, fenders, trunk, and floorboards if you really wanna get crazy with it. Is your box prefab?

I honestly just want to do a single 18 as doing more will obviously mean more power and more money..

For electrical i have stock alt 105 amps i think, Big 3 and a d3400 xs power up front, 1 gauge wiring

I have a single t1500 and a t400 for my mids and highs

Im thinking of getting a Fi Q18

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.