Box options and deadening questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrdnhsnbrg
10+ year member

Pimped my grandma's ride
So, for my next build, I plan on using 2 American Bass XFL 12" dual 4 ohm woofers, wired to 1 ohm. Amp choice is kinda in limbo right now but that's for a later date. The back seat does not fold down, there is plastic bracing between the back seat and the trunk, too. There is a fold-down armrest that can have a hole cut in it to do somewhat of a blowthrough. With these woofers, would a 4th order bandpass blowthrough to the cab through the cup holder hole be effectively loud? Or would just a standard ported box with the port aimed into the cup holder hole work the best? I'm going for SPL here. I have a lot of work to do with regards to sound deadening, should I sound deaden the rear deck? If I aim the subs and port into the back seat, should I deaden the back seat? Eventually I'm going to deaden the whole trunk, I'm just not 100% sure what all needs to be deadened.

Back seat fold down cupholder:

16075057_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Get @Buck ; to design you a 4th order. They can actually be pretty musical and get loud at the same time. I always recommend to seal the trunk off whenever possible.

Loading the subs into the trunk and the port into the cabin isn't a good idea.

[quote name='Tenacious.']Get @Buck ; to design you a 4th order. They can actually be pretty musical and get loud at the same time. I always recommend to seal the trunk off whenever possible.

Loading the subs into the trunk and the port into the cabin isn't a good idea.[/QUOTE]

The subs and port would be on the same plane regardless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.