Going active with the 9887

Okay so I think I found the problem out. I think it was the RCA's.... somehow some way.

I just ran new Much better JL RCA's and I did not run them anywhere near any wiring other than the JL 9 wire to which my tweeters and mids are connected to the amp.

Im about to fire it up and see what the deal is. I think I finally figured this shyt out. Took me a couple of hours wiring and unwiring **** but lets see... give me 20 min.

I don't know about hooking up for active, but I do know the top preouts are the rears, and the middle pair is the fronts. It's in the manual.

Okay guys so I am finally getting MINIMAL noise to my speakers. You wouldnt be able to tell unless you had the car off and doors shut with pure isolation to the speakers.

RCA's was the problem I believe. Their is still some static at low volume, but its nothing that is critical like before.

Now I have to finish connecting everything. I already have the front end done. Now the rear and all..

Okay guys so I am finally getting MINIMAL noise to my speakers. You wouldnt be able to tell unless you had the car off and doors shut with pure isolation to the speakers.
RCA's was the problem I believe. Their is still some static at low volume, but its nothing that is critical like before.

Now I have to finish connecting everything. I already have the front end done. Now the rear and all..
good to hear.

hi i need your hlp if you can please. I also have the 362 Dyn's in my silverado but i need help s to what setting my crossover should be ,i have an alpine cda9887 HU. only 3 options for settings. low, med and hi. settings are

freq slope

highs 63 12

low 63 12

mid 80 24

not much punch on the low end ,,any suggestions are greatly appreciated

hi i need your hlp if you can please. I also have the 362 Dyn's in my silverado but i need help s to what setting my crossover should be ,i have an alpine cda9887 HU. only 3 options for settings. low, med and hi. settings are freq slope

highs 63 12

low 63 12

mid 80 24

not much punch on the low end ,,any suggestions are greatly appreciated
In that case I would bump up the low to 80 at 12 and adjust the sub level on the HU up to where they hit hard.

Thinking of doing the same thing KRISFNBZ is doing and switching my 9813 out.

1.) Does the 9861 run active? or would i need the H-701 for that

2.) What is the big advantage of active? Is it really that great?

3.) My system is as follows right now....

Front Stage: CDT 6.5 comps (think CLA-61's)

Front Amp: Eclipse 36401 (60wx4 @ 2ohm; 40wX4 @4ohm)

Currently bridged to 2 channels.

Sub: 2 JL Audio 10''...soon either a single 10'' JL W3 or 6 or 10'' ID

Sub Amp: Kenwood

Thanks for any help...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.