Getting ready...Wolfram audio

5b2597708bffc.jpg

Popped a 150.5 @ 36 today, clamping right at 3k.
5b381d90cc42d.jpg
At 1 ohm or .25 ohm strapped? Are you strapped or gain matched?

That 80AH lithium should be overkill for 6K by all accounts, how is that holding up real-world for you? I'm looking at building a big LiFePO4 bank for myself in a couple weeks and still a bit on the fence about sizing.

Strapped at 2ohm...power was at 6.5ohm after rise.

The 80ah is more than enough. Currently on the stock alt it stays in mid 13s. My vehicle seems to be regulated at 14v as I have never seen it charge above that, now or pre stereo.

I have a 370a CES alternator that should go in this week. Hopefully that keeps me in the high 13s or low 14s.

The next step is d4 subs so I can strap at 1. Maybe a different box to try and offset the rise some.

Strapped at 2ohm...power was at 6.5ohm after rise.
The 80ah is more than enough. Currently on the stock alt it stays in mid 13s. My vehicle seems to be regulated at 14v as I have never seen it charge above that, now or pre stereo.

I have a 370a CES alternator that should go in this week. Hopefully that keeps me in the high 13s or low 14s.

The next step is d4 subs so I can strap at 1. Maybe a different box to try and offset the rise some.
Impedance should not be a factor in changing your box, particularly if your goal is to play music. If it sounds good it is good. Get some D4 ohm subs on there and see what happens.

Have not updated this in a while. Have gone through some different sub and amp combos this season. 

Currently running 2 Wolfram 4500.1s strapped at 1 ohm on a pair of Sundown U 15s with zv coils and Nightshade spiders. Pulled a 154.5 today at 44hz. 

Have not updated this in a while. Have gone through some different sub and amp combos this season. 

Currently running 2 Wolfram 4500.1s strapped at 1 ohm on a pair of Sundown U 15s with zv coils and Nightshade spiders. Pulled a 154.5 today at 44hz. 
Got a few pics of the setup?.. iirc it was pretty unusually amp racked... id like to see what its evolved into with the new amps and whatever else has changed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen @dacheatham set up on FB once or twice. Been awhile since then....so things could have changed. I wasn't able to get my Wolfram amps installed this past summer as I had hoped. I had many other projects going on at the same time, so that'll be next summer, on the to do list.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.