General help/ protection mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

carter62

Im running 2 kicker cvrs 4 ohm DVC to a soundstream T2000.1D, all of my settings (gain log bass boost subsonic) are at half maybe a hair more, I also have a 1 farad capacitor, I followed this wiring diagram for subs, and the capacitor is wired corded and sits at 14. When my bass hits high with the volume up high around 17-20 the amp goes into protection mode just for that hit then back out for lower bass in the song, if I turn it down a click or 2 on volume the song plays fine, all my powers and grounds are 4 gauge and I have 10 gauge speaker wire. Is it possible the hit is making the capacitor go low and killing the amp? Im lost why it only goes into protection for high bass at high volume.View attachment 26557145View attachment 26557145

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.