How to Achieve 14.4v in my car.

znewberry

Illinois
2013 Chrysler 300 Base Model (6 speaker WITHOUT beats/alpine premium)

I have a basic understanding of what needs done. This is still new to me so I would like to verify im doing this right. I have decided to upgrade my mono before I even start mids and highs.

My CURRENT goal is to achiev 14.4v with ONE beastly tru 2k or better rms mono right now.

My overall goal will be 4krms @ 14.4v .. ill settle for 2k for budget purpose right now.

----------------

Current Setup

----------------

13.6v dropping to 12.4 on big bass @ 30-45hz tune

amp= soundstream 3500d

primary battery= Duracell AGM

Big 3 Upgrade complete 1/0.

Stock Alt @ 160 or 180 "Chrysler cannot verify"

---------------------------------------

Upgrades needed to achieve 14.4v

---------------------------------------

1) How many batterys would u suggest and at what size?

2) Upgrade alternator is a must?? Any suggestions for a 2013 chrysler 300 base model?

3) What else?

Batteries are something you'll need to do yes... but to keep your voltage up you'll need to pay the price and upgrade the alternator... that's the best and only way to stabilize your voltage. IDK how much current that amp might require at whatever load you've got it currently or plan to have it at... could be a good 300A alternator or at least a 250A+ heck a 200A might work with the current setup you've got... a big alt may cure your voltage problems once and for all... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dropping to 12.4V is bad yes... but I had mine dropping to under 10V at one point (and causing the amps to cut out)... so it might not be ALL that much after all

Batteries are something you'll need to do yes... but to keep your voltage up you'll need to pay the price and upgrade the alternator... that's the best and only way to stabilize your voltage. IDK how much current that amp might require at whatever load you've got it currently or plan to have it at... could be a good 300A alternator or at least a 250A+ heck a 200A might work with the current setup you've got if you're only dropping to 13v... a big alt may cure your voltage problems once and for all... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Right on, thanks. I think I will take a step back and upgrade alternator and add a second battery before I get a new mono.

current amp is running @ 1ohm (website says 1750rms) i doubt im seeing 1250 no clue tho.

Ill probally end up buying the twisted 2.8k or 3.5k , or pre order the wolfram 4500

I'd suggest a 300A or better if you're gonna play in the 4K-5K range with a couple of big batteries in the setup as well just to start

Yeah you will definitely need an alternator batteries alone will not keep your voltage up past 12.8 volts cuz that is where they rest 14.4 volts is alternator charging level only an alternator can keep your voltage up that high but you have to have batteries to back it up to even with a 300 amp alternator

Actually, AGM can keep your voltage up to 13.2-13.6v, Lithium Lifepo4 up to around 13.7-14.0v, Lithium LTO up to around 14.0-14.5v.

This is max though assuming what the alternator can't do, the battery(ies) are just barely supplying the rest or the load is very quick (under 1 second).

I added a bank of caps to my setup and I haven't seen lower than 14.5 volts since. At full tilt, it legit wont drop lower than 14.5.

Don't even need to do it but I'm going to get another bank.

My setup is around that 4k-5k area and my electrical is what I have listed my sig plus one bank of caps.

I added a bank of caps to my setup and I haven't seen lower than 14.5 volts since. At full tilt, it legit wont drop lower than 14.5.
Don't even need to do it but I'm going to get another bank.

My setup is around that 4k-5k area and my electrical is what I have listed my sig plus one bank of caps.
What do you mean "bank of caps" ? sorry im just learning :p

bank of six 2.7v ultra capacitors (maxwell or xspower)
XS actually makes banks that are housed in battery cases. Very easy to install/use from what I can tell. Pricey though.
Be careful, theres been a wave of fake maxwells and other ultracaps lately, people open them up and theres double A batteries inside

Those garbage extreme lithiums started a real bad trend

I was just about to mention caps, @Mayhem beat me to it

[quote name='Jeffdachef']Be careful, theres been a wave of fake maxwells and other ultracaps lately, people open them up and theres double A batteries inside

Those garbage extreme lithiums started a real bad trend[/QUOTE]

no ****? havent heard about that yet but thats some scummy stuff right there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.