Galaxy tablet in a lexus

ok guys... talked to the owner of the lexus... he got back from his honeymoon yesterday, so i'm goin to finish the faceplate tomorrow.

going to fix a few things, and cover it in suede... so stay tuned for the finale vid

final install... kinda ****** quality, cuz i had to take it with my phone... but its much cleaner now... all straight, covered in suede

[video=youtube;LV_eB-UeREM]

looks greatr bro! hate to nit pick a very hard install but is the bottom line on your "beauty plate" not straight, when looking at it with the screen you can almost see a little dip on the left side on the bottom...Not knocking anything at all just thought id ask or maybe you didnt see it and a anal owner would...

Man that is some awesome work.
Kudos

I know with him wanting to take it out made that install and bish lol
thanks for the compliments...

but yea... him wanting it to be able to undock is what made this install difficult.... not insanely difficult... but just something that you cant half ***, lol

awesome, well done...

any idea on the total hours to complete?

and i know it's personal, but, if you want to share, how much did you charge for it?

awesome, well done...any idea on the total hours to complete?

and i know it's personal, but, if you want to share, how much did you charge for it?
well, it was off and on... cuz i do have to work a day job and do this on the side... but i would guestimate around 60 hours for the install... everything had to be fabbed... no off the shelf parts for this you know.

as far as price... i charged the guy 250... but thats cuz he's been a customer of mine for over a year now... the pricing for this install would prolly vary from car to car (even tho i cant think of many cars that are more of a PITA than a lexus, lol) ... now if you took it to a shop... if they would even have the balls to do it (alot of local shops wont do anything this indepth... unless their a good shop) might charge in between 4 - 7 hundred for this install... but thats just a guesstimate

It would look much better if you could color match it and make it more "factory" looking. But over all it turned out pretty good in the end! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lines need to be straighter but it looks decent. It shouldn't have been so hard with his car if he was a customer for a while so I understand the price. I wouldn't do it for that cheap tho lol. good idea on the undocking too.

And I hate having to put **** back together and take it out again because the owner wants to drive away with the car before the work is done. Its a waste of time and energy. I am never going to do an install if that's ever the case anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.