Galaxy tablet in a lexus

i see what hes saying about being misaligned but it very well could be the camera creatin an optical illusion.. looks good tho cant wait to see it all sanded smooth and painted up

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Going to paint the actual faceplate?
he says he is in the video

it is painted... i couldnt color match the plastic color (even tho i tried, 10 years of black being faded in the sun... makes a weird color) ... so i matched it to the rest of the interior. it seems a lil off in the vid, but it actually looks really good when your in the car

i see what hes saying about being misaligned but it very well could be the camera creatin an optical illusion.. looks good tho cant wait to see it all sanded smooth and painted up 

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

he says he is in the video
Yeah I heard that in the vid before last but I thought in the final vid he said it was the finished product.

it is the final cut...

it does look a lil off in the vid... but me and the owner were working on a solution when i couldnt color match the center console.... so i finally got the right color to match the suede in the interior. thats why it looks a lil off when just looking at the faceplate... but he wanted the soft look for paint

thanks bro.

everyone else.... before you start critiqueing every lil detail with this build...

i was on a very tight time constraint for this, the guy is gettin married in less than a week, so he needs his car back. there are a few lil details here and there that i still wasnt happy with, but when i showed them to the owner, he said they dont bother him... and that he wanted to take it as is, rather than have me pull it back apart to fix the "few small things my ocd wont allow' (his words, lol) ...

Love the idea of this, but that faceplate cover is killing it. Looks like you didnt sand enough and can see rough patches and IMO I would be pissed beyond hell to run that in a Lexus.....Just dont look right in there.

I hear ya about time constraints and what not and need to do what you need to do and if the owner is happy, then so be it. I just know if that was my car and I shelled out some dough for that, I would be having it redone.....Just need to work on the panel to make it flow better with the rest of the car. Just looks like it is way out of place and dont match for that type of car.

My .02 cents on a public forum. Take it with a grain of salt as I couldnt do any better, just would expect more in a car like that......so kudos for diving into a build like this. I am sure you will get better with time like most do....good luck!

i hear you on the faceplate.... like i said before... its done, for now.... the guy needed his car back, cuz he was getting married....so once he gets the extra time. he's bringing it back so that i can finish the faceplate... i wasnt happy with it either, and i told him that, but he said that he just needed the car, and that he would use it as is, until he can bring it back to get fixed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.