Galaxy tablet in a lexus

This.. it could be flush, just not the way you did it. If you wanted to of gotten crazy (or the owner I guess) You could of put the panel on 4 actuators that would extend out so you can take out the table then retract back in to be perfectly flush. Or a more simple way, just have the panel attached by 4 magnets so you can take off the whole thing and slide it out then put it back in. IMO that's a small sacrifice for the look it would of given. But personally if there was no budget or time restraint, I would of went with the actuators, it would of just been pure sickness if done right.
the biggest problem i was running into, was that the lexus has a v shaped center console, and when the tablet and dock are put together, their just a lil bit too wide on the bottom. the owner originally didnt want any cutting done on the console... so i was kinda limited... and there was no way to make it fit. after talking to him about it tho, he ok'd the cutting in the console, to make it fit.. so, i will be updating soon

we also had previously spoke about all the ideas you stated... he didnt want to go with just straight magnets, because he wanted it to actually be connected to the car.. and there was a monetary and time constraint on this, so actuators are out

Last edited by a moderator:
not today... been workin on it every night for the last 6 days, while working my day job, 10-12 hours a day... so i had to take a break.... and get some work done on the house... more updates tomorrow

its not mis aligned... i think its just the angle the camera was at, that and the fact that the space on the right side of the screen is actually there so you can get to the home buttons... but it fits in there perfect now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.