Galaxy tablet in a lexus

mast240
10+ year member

YOU'RE A HOOKER!
so, since i'm still waiting on parts and everything for the truck build, i decided to open myself up to some more builds... so, this is the first one... i will be putting a galaxy tablet in a 2001 lexus is300...

this build does have a few complications..

one: the owner doesnt want the tab to be permenately installed.... pretty much meaning that he wants to be able to un-dock it,, and take it out anytime he wants.

two: he doesnt want to use a head unit, so he wants everything to be ran straight from the tablet. so that makes a few complications

three: its a lexus... so that in itself makes it more complicated, lol.

so video one of the build:

Last edited by a moderator:
right outside of dc... about 20 mins south in waldorf

and this install is going to take probably around 5-6 days, as i'm doing this while still working my day job, but i should have updates on here daily

Looks like a fun and interesting setup. I wish I hadn't totalled my IS. It was a little bit of a pain to work on and do wiring in. I'm sure you know, but in your video you stated the factory amp is in the passenger kick panel, it's not. You need to remove the glove box to get to it, just trying to help.

Looks like a fun and interesting setup. I wish I hadn't totalled my IS. It was a little bit of a pain to work on and do wiring in. I'm sure you know, but in your video you stated the factory amp is in the passenger kick panel, it's not. You need to remove the glove box to get to it, just trying to help.
yea i kno... thats what i meant in the video... and my GOD is the stock amp in a PITA place... its all squirled up behind the a/c and heating system... but then again... it is a lexus

It most certainly is a PITA. I just left mine in place and ran all new wiring for my setup. Good luck with the install man, would love to see how it turns out as I'm in Bowie and not to far from Waldorf.

haha oh man i was thinking about doing the same thing, was going to buy the dash kit and cut out/fiberglass a mold to house the tab and continum. Guess ill wait to see how yours turns out to give me an idea on how it will look

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.