gain is too high

Participant count
  • Participant list

Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
i finally finished installing my system in the thunderbird and now i can't set the amp to 40v AC (40 * 40 / .5 = 3200)... still have the orion 2500d and the 2x re xxx 15s... i hooked everything up, ran a 45hz 0db tone with volume at 62 on the premier 880... the least voltage i was getting on my dmm is 53 volts AC with the gain all the way down... the head unit sub crossover is at 80hz with no boost... compressor 2, bbe 2, loud off... any ideas??

lol i guess thats what i was thinking too... at least my amp won't be stressed lol it still wangs at close to full tilt with no distortion... i shall leave it b

thanks for your input

you said volume's at 62. How much higher will it go?

how far do you ahave to turn it down to get the amp to read 40v?

I can only guess you're clipping the shizz out of something

you said volume's at 62. How much higher will it go?
how far do you ahave to turn it down to get the amp to read 40v?

I can only guess you're clipping the shizz out of something
Yeah, simple answer here is just bump your volume down until you get to your desired voltage reading. Then don't go beyond that volume level when playing your system.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything is clipping though, just that he apparently has a high input voltage to his amp.

at volume 53 im right at about 39.7 volts so thats the highest i've put it yet... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif the premier 880 goes to max volume at 62... i don't usually turn it up that loud but i wanted to make sure if i did by accident turn it all the way i wouldn't hurt anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.