G6 GT Transplant/New Build

You can see in the pictures that my subs were trapped in the trunk. It took me about 30 minutes but I was able to extract both subs without damage. The trunk has taken many days of rain since it got compacted and the box has gotten very wet so there is no saving the box. Luckily P3's are aluminum so I saved them. I forgot how heavy these 10's are.

You said you need a new box? :)

Hopefully you can get another vehicle and your system just winds up sounding better or something like that. Maybe it could make up for the disappointment of bad drivers. I swear, if you have half of a heartbeat, that's enough to be able to drive in America, now days.

You said you need a new box? :)

Hopefully you can get another vehicle and your system just winds up sounding better or something like that. Maybe it could make up for the disappointment of bad drivers. I swear, if you have half of a heartbeat, that's enough to be able to drive in America, now days.
The next vehicle, when the insurance company pays me, will be an SUV or non trunk car. The guy I live with now has a bad arse F250 Tremor that will/can haul the sheets of wood and he has saws here with a covered area to work so the next box I will finally get to build again. I just need the vehicle for dimension restrictions.

The next vehicle, when the insurance company pays me, will be an SUV or non trunk car. The guy I live with now has a bad arse F250 Tremor that will/can haul the sheets of wood and he has saws here with a covered area to work so the next box I will finally get to build again. I just need the vehicle for dimension restrictions.

Maybe an Avalanche? I've always wanted an Avalanche.

2 subs 1 amp out so far. Waiting on Allen's keys so I can remove the sub amp. The Soundstream was pretty wet when I removed it. Good thing I bought the marine version lol. Damn super truckers.

Attachments

• 20210820_142921.jpg
    20210820_142921.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 111
Got the sub amp out and the fused distribution block as well as the subwoofer box. I think the box can be saved. I don't see or feel any water damage but it is currently in the sun just in case. There is shattered glass all over the box carpet and the sub amp. The box had to be removed through the interior of the car... that was not fun.

All I have left to remove from the G6 is the head unit and wiring. The insurance appraiser came and looked at the car and said yes, it's totaled. Never said I couldn't remove the stereo stuff.

Attachments

• 20210823_130032.jpg
    20210823_130032.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 61
Did a final inspection of the dual 10 box. No water damage, no mildew or mold. I reinstalled the P3's so they are good to go, just need to be hooked back up to an amp. Waiting for a cooler day to remove the head unit.

Attachments

• 20210824_132157.jpg
    20210824_132157.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 60
Ahhh some good news from the insurance company. They made me an offer for my smashed car. Mind you, I paid $1,000 for this car from a co-worker. Granted he is a spoiled teenager but I got a good deal because he thought it was too old. Their offer $4,965.04 Which I am happily accepting. They finally got me a rental car as well... a bit late but ya know, it's all good. So, I will get a car here soon and start putting in the stereo. Yay me!!!!

Since the car will be hauled off between now and the 30th I bit the bullet and pulled my Kenwood head unit out of the car with it's microphone and the remote for the sub amp. So all the stereo is out except the cables and wire but I will treat the new car with new cables and wire. It's the least I can do.

Attachments

• 20210826_163144.jpg
    20210826_163144.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 49
Any ideas on what the next car will be?
No, not yet. It's different here because they get snow and salt the roads. Apparently people around here don't care to rinse their cars off after driving on salted roads to prevent rust. So trying to find a car with no rust is proving difficult. But I am looking into a small SUV or some kind of all wheel drive setup.

No, not yet. It's different here because they get snow and salt the roads. Apparently people around here don't care to rinse their cars off after driving on salted roads to prevent rust. So trying to find a car with no rust is proving difficult. But I am looking into a small SUV or some kind of all wheel drive setup.

You do could something like a Honda Pilot, CRV, if you like those types. I'm not sure what small SUV's Toyota makes, iirc they use to make the RAV4. I know small hatch SUV's are usually naturally loud. Vehicles like the Ford Escape, for example.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...