G6 GT Transplant/New Build

Jeep Liberties are like 3500 - 4300lbs... how are you getting squirmy in a few inches of snow?

The '05 was very light thx. The tires on it at first were Firestones brand new and junk, after that was a set of Generals and junk. I think we went through 4 or 5 sets on that thing and once it got the Cooper Discover SRX it was fine. Before that it would slide all over the place at low speed. And not just with me driving but my dad, mom, even a couple of their friends were like WTF 10mph and it is sliding. We had everything checked out and nothing was wrong suspension wise so it was the tires and it wasn't like we were using their low end stuff either their higher end stuff you could get in that size which a lot of stores around here didn't carry for some stupid reason.

I have never been a fan of Wranglers. Too trendy and expensive. Like Iphones.

I like them but yeah they have become very trendy and expensive. I saw what a friend paid for a 4 door version recently with that stupid turbo 4 cyl and how it shuts off all the time and didn't know how to react. She paid more for that car by a wide margin then I paid for my house in 2009 which was 35K with closing!

Either way with where you are living finding a SUV rust free might be hard. They use a ton of salt down there because they freak out whenever there is any snow to come down. Up here they use as little of that stuff as they can now. A lot of places use a brine mix or some other mix that is salt free and it works.

Good luck with looking around. Sadly people don't take car of vehicles like the rest of us.

lol dad used to go look just to mess with the salesmen and women back when I was growing up just to waste a half hour when we needed to. He used to love getting them wound up over a sale.

It's been 3 weeks since my brother passed away. I am still trying to get settled in here but my buddy is helping me be as comfortable as possible. I went with him to his job today and filled out an application and had an interview that went fantastic. I would basically go back to being a service writer only this time for a company that sells and repairs all things John Deere. It's not pizza delivery but I felt it is time to get back to grown up work with benefits and PTO from day 1. I'd still rather have my brother back and have that extra time to hang out with him but I can't keep my life on hold being sad. Life really kicks you in the asss sometimes.

The check for my wrecked car was put in the mail Monday as the insurance company informed me. I should have it in a couple of days at most.

This may sound like an odd choice but I have my eyes on a 2002 Mercury Sable GS. Low miles, tasteful aftermarket rims, new headlight housings, tinted windows and leather interior. Radio is all stock. Between the fenders in the trunk is 38" wide. My enclosure for my P3's is like 31" wide. So no issues there. Car only has 4 speakers, all Ford 6x8's. Lower front doors and in the angled back dash. The only limiting factor is the available dash kits. This car has manual climate controls which means the available dash kits are for a centered single din radio. It may be modifiable to hold my shallow chassis double din eXcelon. Maybe.

Stock alternator on the 3.0L V6 is 130a
Stock battery group size is 36R - XS makes a 36R - under $300
Rockford Fosgate makes a 2-way power series 6x8 - $159 for a pair

Can you imagine how loud I could make this with 2 pairs of power series 2-way 6x8's and a pair of P3 10's. I could easily power everything with 100w x 4 and 1200w x 1 and smile all day.

Anyway... we will see if the car is still available after the check clears my bank. Here is a pic... it's aight.

Attachments

• Sable Gs.jpg
    Sable Gs.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 56
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...