fuse size

bigluis
10+ year member

the youngest member
san pedro,ca
i just finished hooking up a profile cl800 2 channel amp the current fuse in my distribution block blew it was a 50 amp fuse what amp fuse should i buy for this amp my friend was saying i needed a minimum amperage of 80

any help is greatly appreciated

well it really depends on how long the wire is. if the wire is, lets say 15ft, the safe amount for the fuse would be about 50 amps, for about 450-500 watts of power.

yeah i have the proper size wire because i have less than three feet comming out of the distro and the amp is rated for 600 watts but ill guess ill give it a try with the 80 and hope for the best if not its time to upgrade wire and distro

I would check to make sure your wiring and everything is legit (battery connections, clean ground, etc.).

I ran a hifonics bx1500d @ 2 ohm on a 60 amp AGU (the glass kind) fuse without popping it, so i would think that profile amp should last on a 50 amp.

If anything, i would just pop a 60 amp fuse in there and see how it runs.

would running 10 gauge 4 a ground effect it? or should i run 4 gauge because i have enough for just the ground
Your ground cable should always be equal to or larger than the power cable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.