Fuse mystery ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeepsrock
10+ year member

Its funny because when i got my US-Acoustic amp the online spec sheet said it contained one 40 amp fuse. When i recieved it it had 2 X30 AMP fuses. I dont understand that, if it was a small diff it would make sense but its a substantial difference. Should i put a 40 or 60 AMP fuse in the fuse holder (one next to battery on positive terminal).

????

Pete

if the amp has a 2x30A fuses in it, put a 60A fuse in the inline fuse near the bat. u could put 40-50A if you are not gonna push the amp hard.

Which us acoustic amp is this? USX800d?

For the 4085 2 x 30amp fuses = 60a

For the 4065 2 x 20amp fuses = 40a

Maybe the site mixed up the fuse ratings for these

amps.

The specs on that page are for the USX series.

The one's I listed are for the USB series.

Does it say USX on your amp?

Specifications may change without notice!

Originally posted by jeepsrock This is the usx-4085 4 ch amp.

Pete
i've had that amp before...i'd go with a 60amp fuse. Also, even if the specs say differently...(they may be mis-printed) since there are 2x30amp fuses in the chassis, then use the same total rating for the inline fuse. peace

NG

Originally posted by jeepsrock Do you guys think my alternator will support this. My cars alternator produces 90amps.

Pete
yes, u'll be fine...i wouldn't want to add anything else though...it would stress ur alternator too much then. My truck has a 90amp stock alternator and that amp was fine. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.