Anyone tried the JBL Fuse?

Bruce2W

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am thinking about the JBL Fuse to use under / behind the seats in a small convertible. Would likely drive them from a Sony DSX-GS80 using the head unit's direct subwoofer connection which I understand to provide around 88 watts for the subwoofer. The JBL Fuse can be used as a single 2 ohm connection or split into two 4 ohm speakers.

I do not expect to rock the block just improve music for the two occupants.

Not sure where you got that 88w of subwoofer power from, but no. Even if it could that's still weak. Your head unit is 45w RMS x 4. That.... thing is 200w RMS and 600w Max. So you could probably do 300-350w range no problem. If you want to use that, find an amp that will do 300-350w @ 2 ohms x 1. I think the gimmick behind this is it's got legs. So you can stand it up, (as opposed to laying it down). :geek: For $340, it's a 200w loaded enclosure with feet. Keep looking.

After amp and wiring, you're about $500 invested, and you have a 200w, 8" sub.

Last edited:
I plan on getting the fuse to run as a front sub/midbass in my kick panels...I've heard they sound good but you definitely wont get mirror shaking bass out of them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...