Barry Schanz
Item(s) for Sale:

CDT Audio EX-560i

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used

Price:

$75 shipped to CONUS

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping included to the lower 48 states. International shipping is available.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Additional info:

I bought these used and they've worked beautifully. Cosmetically they're 9/10. One of the stickers has come up slightly but I could fix that with some glue. Clean the dust off and these could be display-worthy.

Adjustable for 5.25" woofer or 6.5" woofer. Crossover of the mid/tweet is 3.7 kHz on the 5.25" jumper setting or 3 kHz on the 6.5" setting. This has a unique 4th/5th order design.

Marketing speak:

"Cleanest Possible Tweeter Drive

EX-560i In this model the high pass crossover is replaced with a fourth order transient-optimized design. This delivers the cleanest possible Tweeter drive. Crossover takes place at 3.7kHz 4”/5” mid woofers at 3000Hz 6.5” woofers. The first order woofer crossover has a larger zobel capacitor for a lower crossover frequency to match. More than this a tapped inductor adds adjustability to this woofer crossover also. This suits different driver sizes generally.

The adjustor is labeled by driver size (5.25 and 6.5). The image Tweeter is operated 3 db below the main Tweeter at a fixed attenuation. Protection is omitted for maximum sound quality. Terminals are 12 gauge block terminal, more robust military grade and arranged in a dual four arrangement versus a single line as in the prior models."

One last point. The extra output terminals are for the optional imaging tweeters. CDT Audio has a tweeter called WS-100i for this purpose, which is essentially a supertweeter crossed at 8 kHz. You don't need to hook up anything to these outputs if you only use a standard mid/tweet 2-way setup.

Do you have to use CDT comps with these crossovers? I thought crossovers were driver dependent and I will not be running CDT components if I were to buy these.

No. I used to think you had to match crossovers and speakers but that isn't true. These will make a huge variety of mids and tweeters sound excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...