front speakers not working.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Canaan_Pavey

CarAudio.com Newbie
I ordered a new radio system from Crutchfield ,the Alpine UTE-73BT, along with the set up kit with the wire harness converter from my stock radio to the new one. After installing the new radio system I tested it out and found that the front right and left speakers do not work along with the antenna not working. The rear speakers both work but have a static sound once you turn it up past half volume. I read the manual front to back and made sure the wires were all connected correctly. I did reconnect the factory radio and all the speakers worked perfectly. I am new to doing self install on car audio so is there anything that could help. Thanks.

Depending on the car, it may have an OEM amplifier that is not being activated. If this is the case, you would have to get the harness for the "premium" system. So what make, model, and year is yoour car?

Depending on the car, it may have an OEM amplifier that is not being activated. If this is the case, you would have to get the harness for the "premium" system. So what make, model, and year is yoour car?
It is a 2003 Subaru out back sedan with a the Macintosh system but the speakers are aftermarket the rears left and right door are alpine but I dont know the stats off the top of my head and the front right and left doors are scoshe. I dont think its because there different because they work with the stock radio.

Macintosh system
Screenshot_20210422-163931.png

Your car does have an amplifier. I would leave that system in there, McIntosh is top of the line audio. Even if it is OEM, you would need a pricey aftermarket radio to compete with it's quality. If you want to add Bluetooth, I would suggest an inline unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...